Version 2022-1

Cstars

29 Oct, 2021 04:18 PM

So; I now have two License Keys, one from 2019. and now this new one for the 2022-1 version. It downloaded without issue. and it seems to work fine. ONE EXCEPTION .. When I use this new version (2022-1) I get the following Error message: (see the attached screen shot). I did purchase the license. (see attached screen shot Receipt). However, when I start using the new version I cannot save, I always get the Error message. How many versions of 2022-1 do I need to buy to get it to work? What do I have to do to get it to work? Looking for help.

1. 1 Posted by FuzzyJohn on 29 Oct, 2021 04:35 PM

This might be a stupid question but did you enter the new 2022 license key in the program?

2. 2 Posted by Cstars on 29 Oct, 2021 04:45 PM

During the download, no such directions/instructions were given to enter the new license key. I did enter the new license key at the Inifite Kind website where it had a box to enter a license key, of which I did enter the key, and it took it without issue, but it only took me back to the purchase page. When I open the application on my laptop, it does open and it does show I am running version 2022-1 but it also says "Unregistered" at the bottom of the window. What 'em I missing?

3. 3 Posted by FuzzyJohn on 29 Oct, 2021 04:50 PM

Start Moneydance, go to Help then click on Register Moneydance. Type the Moneydance 2022 license key you received exactly the way you got it.

4. 4 Posted by Cstars on 29 Oct, 2021 04:55 PM

That worked! Thank you very much. btw. Did I miss those instructions during the download process?

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 29 Oct, 2021 07:59 PM

I'm a fellow user.

There are instructions in the Knowledge base around upgrading and registering the software.

There is not specific instructions during the download and install.

There are a number of reasons you could be installing the software and such instructions may not be appropriate, you could be -

- Upgrading where you are entitled to a free upgrade

- An upgrade where you receive a discount

- An upgrade from a third party version where you do not receive a discount

- A new user trying the software out

- An existing user trying the software out to see if you want to upgrade.

To provide instructions on registering in all these cases may be either inappropriate or it may require some detailed instructions on purchasing and not just entering a key.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2021-10-29_at_11.13.11_AM.png 78.7 KB
  • Receipt.png 207 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac