Moneydance 2011

Karen

30 Oct, 2021 06:34 PM

I just updated my MacOS to Monterey and now when I try to open Moneydance I get the message "Moneydance quit unexpectedly". I have an old version of MD from 2011. Do I have to purchase the newest version? Is there a free upgrade? Are there settings I just need to revise?

Thanks,
Karen

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 30 Oct, 2021 07:26 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

You will certainly need to upgrade - so to MD2022.

Does your errlog.txt file say anything useful?

2. 2 Posted by Karen Kallins on 30 Oct, 2021 08:36 PM

Is this what you are asking about? I searched my Mac for errlog.txt but couldn’t find anything. If not the info below, can you tell me where to find that file?

Thanks

Instagram: @karenkallinsphotography

From: Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’ <[email blocked]>
    Reply-To: <[email blocked]>

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 30 Oct, 2021 08:49 PM

just a user

MD 2011 hasn't worked well on a Mac for a few operating systems. You will need to upgrade, if you purchased MD2011 directly from moneydance, there is a way to get a discount, but it's not free.

I'll let someone else who has the process already written to give you the info, including how to upgrade your datafiles easily, but I thought this might give you a direction.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac