Reconciling/cleared

linus.drouhard

31 Oct, 2021 11:55 PM

I've been a very long time user of Money Dance going back several versions. I have a new problem that just surfaced. I downloaded my bank account info and reconciled. Everything was fine. Then I checked on the unconfirmed items and several items that I just reconciled show up as uncleared. They show up as cleared in the "all" window and uncleared in the "unconfirmed" window. When I tried deleting an entry from the "unconfirmed" window, it also deleted it from the all window. Then I tried marking it as "cleared" in the "unconfirmed" window and the messed up the reconciliation. I had come to depend on the unconfirmed window to make sure that I didn't have any transactions just hanging out there. I did try closing Money Dance and reopening it. Didn't help.

1. 1 Posted by linus.drouhard on 01 Nov, 2021 12:03 AM

And I made a slight error in my description. I was checking the UNCLEARED window, not unconfirmed. I was able to get everything back by going back to the transactions I had marked as "cleared" changed them to reconciling and re-reconciled the account. Then everything balanced and the rogue transactions behaved. I'm still curious as to why that happened in the first place.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac