Synced

Frances

05 Nov, 2021 07:05 PM

Everytime I use this application at my office and I close it appears to sync before closing. When I open it at my house in my laptop I can only see 2017 entries and I have been entering 2021 at my office. What do I have to do get all in my laptop?

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 05 Nov, 2021 08:53 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Frances

Lots of question before anyone can help you.

What is your computer operating system, what version and build of Moneydance e.g. 2022.2(4060) for both computers?

What syncing method, Dropbox Connection or Dropbox Folder?

Is your home/office the same Dropbox account or have you set the “.moneydancesync” folder to be shared between accounts?

2. 2 Posted by sth on 06 Nov, 2021 04:08 PM

And you are not "syncing" by sharing the data file/folder on a cloud location, right?

Why do you say it "appears to sync"? Taking some time to close is merely making the backup copy.

Which computer is the primary and which is the secondary?

The Account Books (i.e. File name) is identical on both computers?

After closing MD on both computers, send the errlog.txt from both computers, this will show what is going on. If you are comfortable with posting that information.

(Not IK Support)

3. 3 Posted by Frances on 08 Nov, 2021 04:54 PM

In my office computer I have Windows 10 Home and in Laptop the same. Money Dance in office computer is Version 2022.2 (4060). Sync is Dropbox folder.

"Is your home/office the same Dropbox account or have you set the “.moneydancesync” folder to be shared between accounts? "
    Sorry, but I don't know, how can I find out?

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 09 Nov, 2021 09:01 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Frances

You state that your office Windows 10 is running Moneydance 2022.2(4060) make sure your home Windows 10 laptop is also running 2022.2(4060).

You state in answering the question ‘"Is your home/office the same Dropbox account or have you set the “.moneydancesync” folder to be shared between accounts? "
    Sorry, but I don't know, how can I find out?’

Let’s run a test to find out.
    Office computer.
    1. In the Dropbox folder look for the folder ‘.moneydancesync’. Confirm it exists?
    2. In the Dropbox folder there should be at least one alphanumeric folder. How many alphanumeric folders do you see?
    3. Create and save a word document in the folder ‘.moneydancesync’ in the Dropbox folder.

Home computer
    4. In your Dropbox folder confirm the same alphanumeric folders and word document exist.

If all the above is OK then it looks like data is being synced between office and home. If not give detail of the step that has an issue.

Assuming the above is OK on you home computer do a FILE – EXPORT BACKUP.
    Then FILE – NEW – and selected OPEN SYNCED FILE to set up syncing.
    Post what happens.

Hope this helps

5. System closed this discussion on 08 Feb, 2022 09:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac