macOS Print Option "Open in Preview" actually sends to printer without opening Preview

wa1oui

05 Nov, 2021 08:22 PM

Running v 2022.2 (4060) on Monterey 12.0.1

1. 1 Posted by sth on 06 Nov, 2021 04:03 PM

That is weird, but it is a Mac OS thing and not something that MD can change. It works for me MD 2021.2 (3095) and Mac OS 10.11 (yes old OS). It is possible that something is messed up or replaced in your ~/Library/PDF Services folder or even in your /Library/PDF Services folder if this is a problem on all accounts on the Mac.

But I would think this is an OS problem rather than MD.

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 06 Nov, 2021 04:09 PM

I agree, it's a Mac/Java thing... My own Toolbox suffers the same problem when Print Preview is requested... It pushes straight through to the printer and bypasses preview.. I am not calling any MD code...

However, if you put your printer on pause, do print or preview, you can then double-click the output in the print queue to view it before you print it...

3. 3 Posted by wa1oui on 06 Nov, 2021 04:59 PM

Thanks for the info.

4. 4 Posted by aforkosh on 09 Nov, 2021 10:14 AM

The 'Save as PDF' and 'Save as Postcript' selections do work. So, the easier workaround is to save the report as a PDF and then open the saved PDF in Preview. Similar workarounds will work for the other services.

5. System closed this discussion on 08 Feb, 2022 10:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac