restore from archieve

Adrian Barrett

10 Nov, 2021 11:24 AM

Hi
my motherboard failed which resulted in me having to rebuild and update to WINDOWS 11. iI have downloaded my version of moneydance but cant find my data. i can find an archive file but cant get this into moneydance, I have tried downloading the current version but this wont let me restore from the archieve file . help pl

Adrian Barrett

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 10 Nov, 2021 11:31 AM

What version of MD?
    Have you installed MD?
    What is your archive file called?
    Have you tried MD/File/Restore backup?
    Any error messages?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 10 Nov, 2021 11:42 AM

Hi Adrian,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

To clarify: the software and your data are stored separately within your system. So, re-installing Moneydance (the software) will not include your data.
    Hopefully you had a backup file saved elsewhere before your system failed. Or did you sync your data with another device, perhaps?

If this is the case, after downloading and installing Moneydance 2021.1 (3069). (I've resent your license key via email)

Choose 'Import New Account Set' from the Welcome to Moneydance window. Then navigate to and select the backup file.

When you restore data from a backup file, a new data file will be created for use going forward.

Finally, if you'd like to re-name the restored file, you can follow the steps in this article from the knowledge base.

It's important you close the Moneydance program fully before you make any changes.

Then change the data file name to whatever you want - just be sure to retain the .moneydance file extension at the end of the file name.

• If you need to retrieve your data through a synced file instead, please let us know and we will provide the relevant steps.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. System closed this discussion on 09 Feb, 2022 11:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac