Very slow to load.

Greg

13 Nov, 2021 11:16 AM

I have been successfully using Moneydance (latest version) on my iMac (Catalina) for many years.
Over the last week it ihas suddenly taken over a minute to load the programme. One running it is fine, and backs up at normal speed.
I also have Money Foresight installed, that is also taking over a minute to run.
I have tried a reinstall to no avail.
Any thoughts?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 13 Nov, 2021 11:25 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Can you find and post Help/Console (errlog.txt)...

2. 2 Posted by Doug on 13 Nov, 2021 11:53 AM

I had a similar experience a couple of days ago. In my case, Money Foresight (unregistered v52 with MD 2020.2 (1929)) was trying to call home to the mother ship (www.moneyforesight.com) which was not responding.

My quick and dirty fix was to edit my local 'hosts' file to redirect www.moneyforesight.com to 0.0.0.0 (this is on Windows and Linux; I assume it is possible with Macs, about which I know nothing)

As Money Foresight (the Extension) has been discontinued by the developer and succeeded by Foresight (the Tool) included in current builds of MD, I assume the original web site has been decommissioned - it is in any case still off-line.

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by Greg Chandler on 13 Nov, 2021 12:23 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply Doug, I’ll give it a look.

Greg & Maggie Chandler,

April Cottage,

West End Avenue,

Brundall,

Norfolk,

NR13 5RF.

01603 712740.

Reply to: <[email blocked]>

4. 4 Posted by Roger Rice on 13 Nov, 2021 12:39 PM

Take a look at your memory settings for Moneydance. I have to adjust my memory settings in the Moneydance.vmoptions file after every update to 2048m from 1024m since it loads so slowly.

5. 5 Posted by sth on 14 Nov, 2021 09:33 PM

AFAIK, the Money Foresight extension is built into MD and the separate extension should be removed. Use Toolbox extension to remove orphan extensions since updating MD sometimes leaves a few around.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac