Clearing/NOT clearing???

linus.drouhard

13 Nov, 2021 10:37 PM

I have been having some difficulty with reconciling with the bank. Downloading works fine. Reconciling SEEMS to work fine until I view uncleared items. Then it seems that the items that I have enter via reminders are showing up as uncleared in THAT screen only. That makes it really difficult to actually confirm what is actually still unpaid. Is anyone else having similar issues?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 14 Nov, 2021 08:53 AM

Manually entered txns (aka reminders) do not get auto reconciled. What usually happens is that your download will grab the actual txns and then offer you to merge with the manual txn (reminder).. If you have txns that are manual and not downloaded, then the reconcile screen will not auto mark them as reconciling and hence you will have to tick them yourself.... But the question is why are you not merging them..? Or have I misunderstood the issue?

2. 2 Posted by linus.drouhard on 14 Nov, 2021 01:19 PM

I have merged them. This behavior is new. I have not changed my workflow. I’ve been a moneydance user for years over several versions. I’m not sure what you mean by grabbing the “manual” and not downloaded txns.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 14 Nov, 2021 01:31 PM

Are you using OFX DC or the new MD+/Plaid connections for download..?
    As you are experienced, then perhaps some screenshots to show what you mean?

4. 4 Posted by linus.drouhard on 14 Nov, 2021 02:58 PM

I guess I don’t know what OFX DC or MD+/Plaid is. I set up the connection following the instructions in Moneydance several years ago. I don’t recall the details.

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 14 Nov, 2021 03:02 PM

Ok. That’s the old OFX Direct Connection method. Irrespective, pls send screenshots that demonstrate the issue?

6. 6 Posted by linus.drouhard on 14 Nov, 2021 03:24 PM

Here are a couple of screen shots showing some of the same entries as both cleared and uncleared.

7. 7 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 14 Nov, 2021 03:38 PM

Well. Perhaps having a year of 1021 isn’t helping?

8. 8 Posted by linus.drouhard on 14 Nov, 2021 08:51 PM

Wow, that is crazy. I checked my Reminders and they are set up properly. Some of the “bad” entries were manual (me with fat fingers) but others were Reminders (I think!). I fixed and deleted the bad entries. All seems good now. Thanks.

9. Maddy closed this discussion on 15 Nov, 2021 01:49 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac