Net Worth Graph

jeremy.stoyle

15 Nov, 2021 02:19 AM

I have a problem with the net worth graph for one account within Moneydance. It has some massive spikes in it (see attachment). The account is in Mexican Pesos and my base currency in in GBP. Even if I delete the transactions on the dates that show the spikes and re-instate them carefully, or even on different dates, the spikes in the graph still remain on the same dates. Given the level of skew it makes the rest of the graph unreadable which is very frustrating. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 15 Nov, 2021 03:33 AM

I wonder if there's an error not in the transactions, but in the currency exchange rate history? If you look at the exchange rates around those dates, do you see strange spikes (or drops, depending on which way you're viewing the relative values)?

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by jeremy.stoyle on 15 Nov, 2021 04:08 AM

Hello Ethan,

No there is no exchange rate history issue. I’ve been through every single transaction. Originally there was a problem with some transactions that it was using the inverse of the exchange rate but I found out how to correct it. But even then it would not account for the size of the spike.

The graph that I attached to the report is in GBP. Interesting, if I plot exactly the same graph in Mexican Pesos (the transaction currency on that one account) it is correct….

Regards,

Jeremy

3. 3 Posted by jeremy.stoyle on 17 Nov, 2021 06:02 AM

Hello Ethan,

When I register a problem on infinitekind.tenderapp.com <http://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/> you are always very quick to respond.

However I notice that, with the last two or three queries I have had, when I reply to your response I do not hear from you again.

Is this the correct E-Mail address to use to correspond with you I wonder?

I am still sat with ongoing problems with Moneydance - Net worth graph spike, constantly having to re-order the registers by date because it keeps defaulting to date/amount, foreign currency account randomly using the inverse exchange rate (especially on split transactions).

Could I ask that somebody helps me to try and resolve these problems please?

Best regards,

Jeremy

4. 4 Posted by jeremy.stoyle on 04 Dec, 2021 07:51 PM

Please can somebody help me?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_2021-11-14_at_20.17.06.png 531 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac