Maddy on 22 Nov, 2021 01:07 PM
We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.
Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
To check, open Moneydance and select Moneydance --> About Moneydance, where the version and build number will be displayed.
Can you let me know which operating system you're running on your computer?
Is the data on your desktop up-to-date?
When you navigate to File --> Syncing, which syncing method do you have selected?
Have you tried uninstalling the mobile app and reinstalling version 2.23 from the Mac App Store?
@Dave, the phone is a secondary access to the synchronized data folder. The Desktop Mac is a primary access so it does matter. Especially if MD versions are wildly different and out of date. Doesn't seem to be an issue here.
I would try completely resetting the sync.
1. Turn off sync on your desktop (primary computer) and quit MD.
2. Find the .moneydancesync folder in Dropbox or iCloud and delete it
3. Open MD on the iPhone an hopefully it will show an error and no data. (it has been awhile since I tried the iPhone app and had other issues that I didn't debug)
4. Close the iPhone app
5. Main computer, turn on sync (Dropbox Folder seems to work the best)
6. Wait for the Dropbox icon to show that files/folders are synced
7. Open the iOS app and connect to the new sync system
(hopefully someone will correct me if I have left out a step but this is the general idea to start the sync over again)