Upgrade installation for Linux

Ray Converse

22 Nov, 2021 04:38 PM

Get no script text when I download just a blank page. Can't get upgrade to install, shows the file is incomplete.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 23 Nov, 2021 04:58 PM

Hi Ray,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Firstly, you should install the moneydance_linux_amd64.deb. as well as the “GDebi Package Installer” in terminal sudo apt install gdebi.

Then you should see the GDebi Package Installer under the “Show Application” icon in tray. Make GDebi Package Installer a favourite.
    - Run GDebi Package Installer - Use 'File' dropdown 'Open' to locate moneydance_linux_amd64.deb, then highlight the file and click 'Open'. - After a delay the window will fill in with info on Moneydance. - Click Install Package. If you get the Authentication Required window, enter your Ubuntu password.

After a delay Moneydance should install. Under “Show Application” icon in tray, make Moneydance a favourite, so it will actually appears in the tray.

Or alternately once “GDebi Package Installer” is installed, simply double click on moneydance_linux_amd64.deb to open the Package Installer.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Ray on 24 Nov, 2021 05:05 PM

Got it figured out. Had to remove the old version and then eas able to
    install the new version which picked up my data and registration. All good
    now.
    Regards, Ray

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 24 Nov, 2021 05:13 PM

I'm very pleased to hear that Ray!
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. Maddy closed this discussion on 24 Nov, 2021 05:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac