Transaction Filter Changes With 2022.2 (4060)

Rhenzi Keys

25 Nov, 2021 02:05 PM

I noticed that split transactions are no longer subtotaled and the Description is filled in for the split transactions instead of "--" in the previous release. Both of these changes are ok with me. However, deposits now appear as negative amounts and debits appear as positive amounts. Seems backwards to me. Is this a bug? The deposits and debits seem to be ok in the Transactions report, but this report does not include the Tag field which I need.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 25 Nov, 2021 02:14 PM

Hi Rhenzi,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Can you try upgrading to the latest preview version, as this should hopefully fix the problem for you?
    Moneydance 2022.3 (4062) is now available to download from this page.

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by SteveH42 on 25 Nov, 2021 08:32 PM

I can confirm that I am still seeing these issues in the latest build (4062)

3. 3 Posted by Rhenzi Keys on 26 Nov, 2021 01:43 AM

Using 2022.3 (4062), the Amounts are no longer reversed, but the Check# fields have "[]" as reported by SteveH42 in his ticket. I do not use the Account filter in my Transaction Filter reports.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 26 Nov, 2021 09:27 AM

Hi Rhenzi,

Please, can you send us a screenshot of the settings you are using for the report?
    Simply navigate to Tools->Graphs and Reports->Transaction Filter.

You can read instructions for taking a screenshot here:
    https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Thank you

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by SteveH42 on 26 Nov, 2021 09:48 AM

Hi Rhenzi, I think if you are not filtering the report by a category then the amounts are now correct. It's when an Account filter is applied selecting a category that the amounts are wrong as per the reply by Sean to my other ticket (#5553)

6. 6 Posted by Rhenzi Keys on 27 Nov, 2021 03:08 PM

These are my Transaction Filter selections.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac