Pop-Up Alert: "Online Error" when using Moneydance

Daniel Davis

15 Jan, 2022 01:44 AM

The following message pops up every few minutes while Moneydance is running. It appears that Moneydance+ is able to connect to all of my accounts, as far as I can tell the only problem is the interruption to my workflow. Please let me know what to do to stop this.

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Moneydance+

The error code reported by the server was: 0

Error type: ITEM_ERROR
Error code: NO_ACCOUNTS
Request ID: W7lLFOddcJSCho5
Message: No valid accounts were found at the financial institution. Please visit your financial institution's website to confirm accounts are available.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 15 Jan, 2022 05:24 PM

We've had trouble tracking this error down, since it seems sporadic. Some people have reported that simply restarting Moneydance seems to resolve this. Can you try this and let us know if the errors persist? If so, can you go into Online -> Set up Moneydance+ and confirm that all of your accounts listed there appear to be connected?

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Daniel Davis on 16 Jan, 2022 06:09 AM

HI Ethan,

I restarted Moneydance and the alert continued to pop up periodically as it had before the restart. The Online > Set up Moneydance+ window shows that all of my banks are connected. The attached screenshot shows that while I was looking at the window for account connection status, the alert popped up.
    --
      Daniel Davis
      [email blocked]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 17 Jan, 2022 03:31 PM

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered, Daniel!

Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Moneydance --> About Moneydance.

Where you using the OFX service method before switching to Moneydance, perhaps?
    If so, you might have to disable the previous connection in order to allow Moneydance + to be used as your preferred method.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2022 03:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac