OFX Import Pulling from other accounts

Todd D Thuss

15 Jan, 2022 06:01 PM

I've got a strange problem. I have a Personal and a Business account (file) set up. When I import credit card OFX info into the business account, OFX credit card data from the Personal account gets sucked in. I can't begin to understand how that would happen.

1. 1 Posted by Todd D Thuss on 15 Jan, 2022 06:28 PM

update. I exported the Business account's data in JSON format and discovered that the business credit card account got mapped to the personal credit account online account, probably when I accidentally imported the biz card's OFX into the personal card account sometime in the past. Now it's mapped and can't be fixed.
    What a mess.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 15 Jan, 2022 08:58 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Clearing the association between OFX files and accuonts in Moneydance depends on the version of Moneydance you have.

In the latest version there is a option in Moneydance itself, in older releases you use the Toolbox Extension and for even older versions, if I recall correctly, there was a script.

3. 3 Posted by Todd Thuss on 15 Jan, 2022 10:08 PM

I have the latest version but the internal option did not fix the problem. It's a kind of circular reference problem that resulted from importing the OFX into the wrong file. It's hopelessly messed up without being able to edit the money dance database itself.

If there were a way to edit the file I could fix it.

⁣Todd Thuss
    110 Chatham Circle
    Madison, AL 35758
    256-631-5469​

4. 4 Posted by dtd on 15 Jan, 2022 11:08 PM

just a user

I'd check out the Toolbox extension....

Given what I've read in this thread, look for OFX/Delete OFX Banking Service/Logon Profile.

Also, given your last statement, you might find Toolbox interesting in many areas (Toolbox is one way to "edit the file")

5. System closed this discussion on 16 Apr, 2022 11:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac