Download quotes from Alphaadvantage stopped working recently

hculver

16 Jan, 2022 08:20 PM

Praise first; I really enjoy using MoneyDance. Within the last two weeks MD has stopped downloading daily security quotes from AA - which it has been doing for years. I checked the discussion forum and no one mentions a similar problem. I checked my console log and see, the following in the body (I do have the toolbox extension installed):

updating currency: Danish Krone (DKK)
Unable to get rate from DKK to USD
Finished downloading Currency Exchange Rates
Saving last successful exchange rates date of: 20220116
updating security: Fidelity Contrafund (FCNTX)
alphavantage: getting history for FCNTX
Importing history from URL: https://www.alphavantage.co/query?function=TIME_SERIES_DAILY_ADJUSTED&symbol=FCNTX&apikey=788PWZNLBNN2FP9O&datatype=csv&outputsize=compact
h:{
dh: "Information": "Thank you for using Alpha Vantage! This is a premium endpoint and there are multiple ways to unlock premium endpoints: (1) become a holder of Alpha Vantage Coin (AVC), an Ethereum-based cryptocurrency that provides various . . . .

Any idea how to avoid this problem? or how have I misconfigured my system and how do I restore?

Respectfully,
Hunt

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 16 Jan, 2022 08:52 PM

If you are using the Quotes and Exchange Rates Extension with Alphavantage as the source there have been problems reported in downloading security prices.

The Quotes and Exchange Rates Extension requests the TIME_SERIES_DAILY_ADJUSTED price series. Unfortunately Alphavantage have made this a "Premium" service so this is no longer freely available.

A couple of solutions exist.

1. Within the Quotes and Exchange rates Extension you can switch to using the Yahoo Finance - USA download source, you may need to adjust the ticker symbol to match their format.

2. You can download and use the Quote Loader extension. This is still installed using the Manage Extensions option in Moneydance. You can find a pointer to the documentation on the use of this extension in post 200 of the thread:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the-new-quote-loader#comment_49363660

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 16 Jan, 2022 10:19 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi hculver

A new build of Quote Loader has been released recently so the link below replaces the one provided by dwg.

Try the extension Quote Loader under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSION

For information on the features of this extension and how to use see post 202 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF’s attached to post 202 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

3. System closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2022 10:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac