Updating to MacOS 12.1

Richard Kohl

18 Jan, 2022 09:40 PM

I updated to MacOS 12.1 and when I open Moneydance v. 20145???? I can't read any of the text because the typeface is totally messed up! I know there are new versions and can update if this will help, but haven't had the need so far! I hope there is a quick fix I need this data very soon! I don't think sending a file will help because if will probably open fine in a newer version.

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 18 Jan, 2022 11:11 PM

just a user - Apple doesn't mind breaking versions of software with OS upgrades.

You probably should update, as although what you see at the moment is about fonts that Apple removed and now have to be substituted, there are other things with Monterey that don't work well with older versions of MD (and other software).

So the quick fix would be to go to moneydance.com/purchase, put in your keycode, see if you qualify for a half-price upgrade, and the price you pay will probably be much less than the time spent to make the older version continue to work (if you can do it at all).

The only software quick fix would have to come from Apple by changing Monterey (don't hold your breath.... ;) )

Hope that helps.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 19 Jan, 2022 12:44 AM

I'm a fellow user.

There should be no expectation that Moneydance 2014 or 2015 would work properly under Monterey.

Apple have a track record of breaking older versions of software with their OS releases. There will not be any qualification of Moneydance versions prior to 2022.2 with Monterey and the older the version the less expectation I would have of it working..

3. System closed this discussion on 20 Apr, 2022 12:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac