Amex transactions not downloading

Tina

26 Apr, 2022 04:18 PM

Hi there! I signed up for Moneydance+ just last week. It had a few hiccups starting up for me, but after a few days I did see the downloads when I opened up the accounts - this happened once. Now, I am no longer able to see new transactions in my accounts. The last (and only) downloads happened on 4/20. Today when I tried downloading to my AmEx account, it said "downloaded 3 transactions for Amex" but they aren't showing up and there are many more than 3 transactions that have taken place since 4/20. What do I need to do to get it working again?
On another note, do you have any idea when Moneydance+ will work for Alliant Credit Union?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 27 Apr, 2022 10:19 AM

Hi Tina,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Can you try upgrading to the latest preview version, as this should hopefully fix the problem for you?
    Moneydance 2022.3 (4073) is now available to download from this page.

After running the update, navigate to Online menu->Moneydance+ Set up and where it reads "Connected" on the right, click and select disconnect in the popup. Then try to recreate the connection as outlined in this article of the Knowledge Base called Connect Accounts with Moneydance+.

Finally, if you are referring to Alliant Credit Union - https://www.alliantcreditunion.org/
    the connection should work as expected now.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Tina Carlson on 27 Apr, 2022 03:36 PM

> On Apr 27, 2022, at 5:19 AM, Maddy <[email blocked]> wrote:

Hi Maddy,

Thank you for your assistance with getting Moneydance+ to continue downloading my transactions. It works now!

As far as connecting to my bank, Alliant Credit Union, the connection may work, but I cannot get through the process of connecting my accounts because of the miscommunication between Plaid and the bank. Plaid asks for Alliant to send me a code to my device: (screenshot)

But Alliant sends me an email stating that I need to click a link to register my device - they do not ever send a code - only this email: (screenshot of email)

So I am forever stuck in this loop where the two are not asking/giving the same verification process and therefore I cannot finish connecting my accounts.

Is there any known fix for this connection issue?

Thanks,
    Tina

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 28 Apr, 2022 07:54 AM

It seems that connecting via Plaid to some banks will always force you to use MFA (code texted to your mobile device) - as in your screenshot.
    Apparently after you do that successfully once, you must not use the same MFA method to log into your bank's website afterwards, using your PC or mobile web browser. If you do this again, the problem will reoccur.

The workaround is to tell your bank's login process that you don't have access to your SMS texts, and let it challenge you in another way (either security question or your physical card details).

--

4. 4 Posted by Tina Carlson on 20 May, 2022 03:25 PM

Hi there,

So, its happening again… I haven’t had any downloads from Amex since 5/11. I believe it stopped working right after the last update happened. I am now on version 2022.4 (4078).

I tried to use the last fix you sent me, but it didn’t work this time. Could you please send me another work around?

Thank you!
    Tina Carlson

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 20 May, 2022 03:37 PM

Could you send us the contents of your console log, from when you're trying to connect to American Express via Moneydance+?

Here's how to get the logs:

1) In Moneydance, select Help > Console Window. This will open the console messages window.
    2) While the Console Window is open, attempt to connect to your bank using Moneydance+. Any error messages should be recorded to the Console.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the "Copy to Clipboard" button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt extension) and attach that file to your response here.

Thank you

--

6. 6 Posted by Tina on 20 May, 2022 04:09 PM

Hope this helps!

7. 7 Posted by Tina on 20 May, 2022 04:15 PM

hope this helps

8. 8 Posted by Tina on 20 May, 2022 05:34 PM

Not sure if you fixed it from there - but it is working now. Thank you!

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Maddy on 23 May, 2022 11:26 AM

You are welcome!
    I'm very pleased to hear that.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--

10. Maddy closed this discussion on 23 May, 2022 11:26 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac