Beta builds 4073-4077 install fails at uninstall previous version

Bob B

30 Apr, 2022 04:40 PM

Windows 11 Laptop

When installing the last 4 or so beta builds, the install fails with the error:
com.install4j.runtime.beans.action.UninstallPreviousAction failed I can ignore and the install continues but I don't think this is probably a good idea. I have tried completely uninstalling Moneydance (that runs without error) and then cleaning the registry and then reinstalling. However, on the next build install, I get the same error.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 30 Apr, 2022 10:08 PM

Hello,

I checked in with our lead developer about this error. He said "That may happen when they are installing over a recent preview version. It's a problem with the uninstaller in the previously installed version, and they shouldn't see that again."

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Bob B on 01 May, 2022 10:48 PM

Thanks - I'll let you know if it occurs with the next preview build I install.

3. 3 Posted by roneydxb on 21 May, 2022 04:24 AM

Had the same problem ( windows 10 ).
    I clicked ignore -- then reinstalled it again - and that was the end of it. The error was no longer there.

But a question that came to mind - if I uninstall moneydance, what happens to the memorized reports that are created ? Will this need to be recreated ? Or are they part of the moneydance user data files ? Just good to know.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 21 May, 2022 06:54 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Data files, preferences, customized reports etc are all separate to the program files.

This sort of data, depending on exactly what it is, is kept in the data set or in the preference file.

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 May, 2022 06:57 AM

.... NOTE: customised reports are stored within the core dataset - hence uninstall won't affect this (the dataset is not normally touched). Haven't check out the rest....

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac