No download possible behind a VPN

Patrick

05 May, 2022 12:02 AM

Hello,
I would like to know if it is normal that I am not able to download any information from my investment accounts when running my VPN (Hotspot Shield)? No matter if I chose a US server or international one. The only things that download seem to be Amex and Citi Bank.
Any thoughts?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 07 May, 2022 03:07 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has enough information to say if it is normal or not, but it's at least becoming more common for a variety of financial institutions to block connections from VPNs. Sometimes this is location based, but I imagine many systems are also configured to flag IP addresses where many requests from different account come in. Depending on your service, someone could also be using the same VPN for malicious purposes. This also seems to be happening more often with credit card transactions on a variety of sites, which often require a non-suspicious IP address to process a transaction. The practices vary wildly, entirely dependent on whatever the bank has decided to set up, so I don't think we can give recommendations other than to disable the VPN for a minute while using these services.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Patrick on 07 May, 2022 03:18 PM

Thanks Ethan. I'll do that then.

3. Patrick closed this discussion on 07 May, 2022 03:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Sep, 2022 12:49 PM
27 Sep, 2022 12:37 PM
27 Sep, 2022 12:23 PM