Manual Entry for Investment Account Issue

Melvin Prescott

06 May, 2022 02:44 PM

I recently performed the 4077 update and lost ability to enter manual entries to my investment account.

I saw the thread of other users having same issue and performed the 4078 upgrade this morning (5/6/22) and now can enter new entry; however, the action choice will not "hold" my action and always defaults back to "Xfr". There are no securities attached to this particular account since none have been bought. I do however, earn a bank interest on this account and now have no way to correctly enter this as MiscInc. (My particular broker does not offer a download in an acceptable format, so manual entries is only way to capture account activity).

Is this another bug that need a fix?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 06 May, 2022 05:51 PM

Hi Melvin,

Another user had discovered that if you create a dummy investment and add it to the account in question that doing so resolves the bug that you've come across. (After creating the dummy investment, make sure to add it to the account in question.)

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 06 May, 2022 05:54 PM

You shouldn’t be able to enter MiscInc anyway if there are no securities. MiscInc should always be attached to a security??

However, to record plain interest earned in an investment account, you should use Xfr to transfer cash in from the category set to your interest category.

3. System closed this discussion on 05 Aug, 2022 06:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac