Reconciling first time.

whiteghost001

12 May, 2022 03:31 PM

I recently purchased Moneydance and imported data from Quicken. however, I recently went to reconcile the account, and NOTHING lists in the cleared transactions or deposits, not the imported data or the new data that has been entered manually or downloaded from online. It gives me NO transactions to choose to clear. What could be the problem?
Nothing in the accounts is marked 'reconciled' "orange diamond" they are just cleared. "green dot"
Franklin Cutlip

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 12 May, 2022 10:03 PM

If in the register every transaction has a green dot in the column with the header "C" it means that all tranactions have been marked as cleared.

If you cleared all the transaction in Quicken before they we imported to Moneydance it is expected that this status is carried over. With other imported data it is possible to set the system to marked transactions as cleared when you confirm them. Manually entered transactions can only be marked as clear via either the reconciliation process or by right clicking on a transaction when in the register and selecting marked as cleared.

2. 2 Posted by whiteghost001 on 12 May, 2022 10:33 PM

I don't think you understand. I know what the cleared entries look like and how to mark them. However, what I am telling you, is that NO Transactions show up in the reconciliation window at all.
    ALL transactions in the register are marked CLEARED. Not reconciled.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
    Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 12 May, 2022 10:55 PM

Perhaps you can post some screen shots that show the problem.

4. System closed this discussion on 11 Aug, 2022 11:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac