I paid but the website is not recognizing the Key

Richard Bajackson

13 May, 2022 04:53 PM

Paddle sent me the wrong key. I downloaded a copy of V.2020 and Paddle apparently sent me a key for 2022. Please have this issue rectified. This was not what I expected from your firm.

Rick Bajackson

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 13 May, 2022 09:13 PM

Why would you expect to receive a key for Moneydance 2020?

When you purchase a Moneydance license today you receive a key for the current version of Moneydance which is Moneydance 2022.

2. 2 Posted by Rick Bajackson on 13 May, 2022 10:08 PM

Because I can't run 2022 on my computer and intended to purchase MD 2020. Therefore I expected to get a key for 2020 MDance. And that's what I need.

3. 3 Posted by Rick Bajackson on 13 May, 2022 10:47 PM

BTW I saw the online price ($24.95) and authorized payment of that amount. That was the price of MD 2020 not the current version. Your firm charged my card the $24.95 and tax.

4. 4 Posted by dtd on 13 May, 2022 11:27 PM

just a user

Did you expect that MD would realize you wanted a 2020 code vs. a 2022 code?

Why can you not run 2022 on your computer?

Given this is a special circumstance, you could probably contact MD support and work with them to get a 2020 code if you must have it.

The 24.95 price is for an upgrade. The assumed upgrade was for 2022.

5. 5 Posted by Rick Bajackson on 14 May, 2022 03:35 AM

On 05/13/2022 7:27 PM dtd <[email blocked]> wrote:

I.m running a 2011 iMac and Mac OS 10.11 which I upgraded a few years ago. I'm not going upgrade the OS for MD only. MD support has stated that they cannot control Paddle. I informed Paddle that could only run MD 2020 and that was I bought. Or at least that I had. I've been a loyal MD user well before 2014, and this is how I'm being treated?!

I like MD and have been using since around 2012. It's nice that Infinity has passed off their responsibility to Paddle. And MD's users are stuck with the result.

Rick Bajackson

// Please reply above this line ==================================================

just a user

Given this is a special circumstance, you could probably contact MD support and work with them to get a 2020 code if you must have it.

On Fri, May 13 at 03:47 PM PDT, Rick Bajackson wrote:

BTW I saw the online price ($24.95) and authorized payment of that amount. That was the price of MD 2020 not the current version. Your firm charged my card the $24.95 and tax.

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: I paid but the website is not recognizing the Key.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

6. 6 Posted by dtd on 14 May, 2022 05:45 AM

just a user - I have only one thing to say - Paddle is simply their seller, I think it is odd that you feel they could provide you a specific version code on your purchase.

Do they give you 2015? 2017? 2020? 2022?

You also don't address why 2022 won't work for you. Does MD 2022 not work on Mac OS 10.11?

I personally don't think you are being treated poorly, you just may have a special circumstance.

7. 7 Posted by Rick Bajackson on 14 May, 2022 02:08 PM

On 05/14/2022 1:45 AM dtd <[email blocked]> wrote:

Paddle is simply their seller, I think it is odd that you feel they could provide you a specific version code on your purchase.
    Paddle represents Infinity and therefore whether they like it or not, Infinity has a responsibility to their customers.

I'm 74 years old and have seen the business climate  change over the years. Like so many customers, I am moving away from buying items from companies that have a horrible reputation. I'd rather buy from a firm that has a decent reputation.

So Infinity is "holding hands" with Paddle. I'm set  to go back to 2014 and trash 2020 along with the charge should I remain "pissed  off".
    In any answer: NO

You also don't address why 2022 won't work for you. Does MD 2022 not work on Mac OS 10.11?
    For me  to use 2022,  I'd  have to upgrade my MacOS and that's something I don't otherwise need to do. MD 2022  requires Mac OS  10.12 or higher.

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

just a user - I have only one thing to say - Paddle is simply their seller, I think it is odd that you feel they could provide you a specific version code on your purchase.

I personally don't think you are being treated poorly, you just may have a special circumstance.

On Fri, May 13 at 08:35 PM PDT, Rick Bajackson wrote:

On 05/13/2022 7:27 PM dtd <[email blocked]> wrote:

I.m running a 2011 iMac and Mac OS 10.11 which I upgraded a few years ago. I'm not going upgrade the OS for MD only. MD support has stated that they cannot control Paddle. I informed Paddle that could only run MD 2020 and that was I bought. Or at least that I had. I've been a loyal MD user well before 2014, and this is how I'm being treated?!

I like MD and have been using since around 2012. It's nice that Infinity has passed off their responsibility to Paddle. And MD's users are stuck with the result.

Rick Bajackson

// Please reply above this line ==================================================

just a user

On Fri, May 13 at 03:47 PM PDT, Rick Bajackson wrote:

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: I paid but the website is not recognizing the Key.

8. 8 Posted by dwg on 14 May, 2022 09:47 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Paddle are a payments processing company, that is the service the offer to their clients, small companies like those that own Moneydance. They have the ability to sell the current version and upgrades to the current version. The previous company used BMT Micro were the same. and as you have probably seen the process they use is an automated one, there is no ability to be selective in the version they provide . The 2019/2020 version may even be from before Paddle took over.

It will be up to The Infinite Kind whether they able to and if they will issue a license for the older release, the 2019/20 release has been superseded and is now no longer sold, hence why licenses are not routinely available, only TIK will know if they still have a license generator for this version. As you are asking for a license you may have to post the request in the private issues forum on the web site:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions

9. 9 Posted by Rick Bajackson on 14 May, 2022 10:05 PM

On 05/14/2022 5:47 PM dwg <[email blocked]> wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I did what you suggested and posted on the InfiniteKind site. Now we'll see how serious InfiiniteKind is fixing this problem. Right now I'm a step away from trashing Moneydance and either getting a refund or calling the bank.

It seems that every company is either totally automating their customer service or is no longer paying attention to their customers. I ran an international security firm that projects like domestic nuclear power plants, The White House and several classified facilities. If one of my employees handled a problem like this they would have terminated. It's amazing how much things have changed.

I'm a fellow user.

Paddle are a payments processing company, that is the service the offer to their clients, small companies like those that own Moneydance. They have the ability to sell the current version and upgrades to the current version. The previous company used BMT Micro were the same. and as you have probably seen the process they use is an automated one, there is no ability to be selective in the version they provide . The 2019/2020 version may even be from before Paddle took over.

It will be up to The Infinite Kind whether they able to and if they will issue a license for the older release, the 2019/20 release has been superseded and is now no longer sold, hence why licenses are not routinely available, only TIK will know if they still have a license generator for this version. As you are asking for a license you may have to post the request in the private issues forum on the web site:

On Sat, May 14 at 07:08 AM PDT, Rick Bajackson wrote:

10. 10 Posted by dwg on 14 May, 2022 10:49 PM

I think you are being harsh and unrealistic.

MacOS 11.11 is not longer supported by Apple, you chance of getting any support from them on this version is zilch.

Vendors issuing a new license for superseded versions is rare in the industry, and I worked in it for over 20 years, that being said TIK have been extremely generous in the past where they have been able to.

I think you chance of getting any current product that will be supported on 11.11 is unlikely.

My old computers that used to run Windows XP now run Linux for this very reason.

11. 11 Posted by Rick Bajackson on 15 May, 2022 12:04 AM

On 05/14/2022 6:49 PM dwg <[email blocked]> wrote:

I'm waiting to hear from HP on the All in One Chrome Base and whether or not it will be  useable with MD. I've been a Mac user since 1985, but it may be time for a change.  

Take care,
    Rick

I think you are being harsh and unrealistic.

MacOS 11.11 is not longer supported by Apple, you chance of getting any support from them on this version is zilch.

Vendors issuing a new license for superseded versions is rare in the industry, and I worked in it for over 20 years, that being said TIK have been extremely generous in the past where they have been able to.

I think you chance of getting any current product that will be supported on 11.11 is unlikely.

My old computers that used to run Windows XP now run Linux for this very reason.

On Sat, May 14 at 03:05 PM PDT, Rick Bajackson wrote:

On 05/14/2022 5:47 PM dwg <[email blocked]> wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I did what you suggested and posted on the InfiniteKind site. Now we'll see how serious InfiiniteKind is fixing this problem. Right now I'm a step away from trashing Moneydance and either getting a refund or calling the bank.

It seems that every company is either totally automating their customer service or is no longer paying attention to their customers. I ran an international security firm that projects like domestic nuclear power plants, The White House and several classified facilities. If one of my employees handled a problem like this they would have terminated. It's amazing how much things have changed.

I'm a fellow user.

On Sat, May 14 at 07:08 AM PDT, Rick Bajackson wrote:

12. 12 Posted by dwg on 15 May, 2022 01:25 AM

I do not expect HP to have the faintest Idea and think they will suggest you ask TIK (Moneydance).

From the Moneydance side we can say a few things, but I do not expect a definitive response. There is no native version of Moneydance for ChromeOS and given Google's position and the intention of ChromeOS, I would not expect this to change.

Later versions of ChromeOS however generally have the ability to install and run a Linux sub-system within ChromeOS. TIK have proven that it is possible to install Moneydance in this subsystem, there is an article in the Knowledge Base on how to do this (you use the deb kit), they had access to a test system at the time to try it to this level but as I understand it complete testing of all Moneydance functionality was not performed. To be fair any problems are likely to be at the Linux subsystem level or its interaction with ChromeOS and thus outside anything that TIK could address, we know Moneydance works well under Linux itself. One of my test machines runs Linux Mint and Moneydance gets used extensively on it.

The idea of using a Linux subsystem allows you to run applications like LibreOffice, applications that will never run natively on ChromeOS.

Whether the machine you are looking at can run this subsystem I would not expect TIK to known, nor how usable it would be. HP *may" know if it is possible to install the subsystem.

In these forums I do not think I would have to take my socks and shoes off to count the number of questions asked on Moneydance with ChromeOS :) So there is limited experience with it.

13. 13 Posted by Rick Bajackson on 15 May, 2022 12:26 PM

On 05/14/2022 9:25 PM dwg <[email blocked]> wrote:

I really don't want to go the HP Chromebase route, preferring to stay with the computer manufacturer that I've had since 1985, Apple. Most of my spread sheets are on a Chrome OS. That except for Moneydance. 

I need MD to operate a charitable foundation where I have three years of data. Right now I'm using 2020 MD for the few entries from this year, but I may have to resort on 2014 MD should I be shut out on 2020. And it looks like that where it's going.

So it's either change computers, going to HP Chromebase and upgrade via MD but I don't like taking a major risk and I can't find anyone who's going to tell me that's a viable option. Or stay with Macs, use the demo version of MD until I reach their imposed limit, then upgrade the MD app.

There's risk in going either route. Right now, I am hoping that either InfiniteKind has a workable key for me and that would negate this entire mess.

Take care,
    Rick Bajackson

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac