Saving takes *forever* on Mac OS X 10.6.2

jteammn

14 Feb, 2010 07:40 PM

Running MD10 and, unlike with MD09, it is taking 10 minutes to save a file.

Yes it is a big file but saving never took this long under MD09.

Is there a bug?

(Mac 10.6.2, Java 1.6.0_17)

1. 1 Posted by Jon Hoover on 15 Feb, 2010 07:10 PM

Hi,
    This is a bit unusual, I will probably have to ask our lead developer about this one but before I do that I wanted to know what build # of Moneydance you are using (listed under Help->About Moneydance) ? Did this start right after you upgraded MD10?
    Jon Hoover, Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by jteammn on 15 Feb, 2010 07:19 PM

I am using version 2010r2 740. The problem has been there since upgrading to MD10.

It has gotten to the point that if I enter or download more than a couple items the usage goes up and the saving lasts forever. I am now using save as to constantly save new versions (numbered sequentially) every 5 minutes as a workaround.

3. 3 Posted by jteammn on 15 Feb, 2010 07:27 PM

I should mention that at times, particularly if a reconcile type pop up window is missing, MD says it is saving but all I get is a couple KB file in my folder. It never actually completes the save (even giving it an hour) and I lose all my work.

In addition, if an interim save works, and then I get this issue and have to force quit, MD tells me that my autosaved one is newer yet it does not have the work up to the interim manual save. In other words the autosave seems to be an older version than the manual save. It is almost as if by trying to save and having to force quit, the good manual saved file is made corrupt so it is no longer viewed as new so I end up going back to an old autosaved version.

Hence my every 5 minute save as because that way I can manually take care of the versioning to ensure work is not being lost.

4. 4 Posted by Ben Spencer on 17 Feb, 2010 06:23 PM

What is the location of the file you are saving to? Is it on a local hard drive or a remote drive or even on the cloud using a service like dropbox? How big is the saved file when it saves correctly.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

5. 5 Posted by jteammn on 18 Feb, 2010 12:11 AM

Saving on internal Mac HD. About 35MB file.

It is going into my home directory that does have FileVault turned on.

6. Jon Hoover closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2010 10:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac