in moneydance, can't access my accounts. Only one shows.

Gail Stewart

24 May, 2022 06:52 PM

I wanted to get into the account I use most often. There is no way to get back to it after I started to create a new account.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 24 May, 2022 09:54 PM

I'm a fellow user.

When you created the new account did you happen to use the menu option File --> New perhaps?

If so what this does is create a whole new data file, not a new account in your existing data file. The create a new account in the existing file you use the menu option Account --> New Account

If this is what you have done to go back to the original file and account use the menu option Open --> File and your original data file should be listed on the right, select this and open it.

While it is possible to merge data it is a fair bit of work so it is often easier to just recreate the new account.

2. 2 Posted by GAIL stewart on 24 May, 2022 09:57 PM

Thank you! I’ll try it...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 25 May, 2022 12:07 PM

Hi Gail,
    In addition to dwg's useful information, if you navigate to Window->Welcome to Moneydance, in the resulting window you can set Moneydance to re-open the last file at launch. (When Starting: Re-open Last File).

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 24 Aug, 2022 12:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac