MD system freezes when submitting a transaction

Ronald Saizow

24 May, 2022 08:24 PM

When I confirm or submit a transaction, the system freezes up, or just stops working, for a minute or more. I just clicked on "confirm all" for about 10 transactions automatically downloaded to my MD. The system froze for about 2 minutes, then worked fine while notifying me that it had "finished writing sync data."

The current version is 2020.1 on my MacBook Air. I was having a similar problem several months ago and wrote to you about it. You had me update my MoneyDance version, which fixed the problem until it recently recurred. Please send step-by-step instructions for any recommendations.
thanks, Ron

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 25 May, 2022 10:58 AM

Hi Ron,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

The version of Moneydance you are currently running is outdated, so we would recommend updating it.

I've checked our records using your email address and I can confirm that your license keyis valid for use with Moneydance 2017, Moneydance 2019 and Moneydance 2020.

If you wish to upgrade to Moneydance 2020.2 (1929), you can download it here.

Alternatively, if you would prefer upgrading to Moneydance 2022, you can enter your current license key into the 'Upgrading?' box on this page to redeem a 50% discount. After purchasing, you'll be sent a new license key via email.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Ronald Saizow on 26 May, 2022 07:02 PM

Maddy, I’m really getting frustrated. I have followed all instructions (see email below) including upgrading to the 2022 version, then updating it. See screenshot below. When attempting to confirm a transaction, the system froze for 2.5 minutes. When I tried to change the category for a transaction, the system froze for 1.5 minutes. In other words, no improvements after upgrading to the latest versions.

Even though I’ve used MD for more than 10 years, I’m considering a change due to so much frustration. Please recommend a real fix to this problem with step-by-step instructions.
    Ron

Ronald Saizow
    [email blocked]

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 26 May, 2022 07:14 PM

Can you send the output of help/show console?

Also, run activity monitor. What is the memory utilisation of MD and how much free memory does it say you have?

4. 4 Posted by Ronald Saizow on 26 May, 2022 08:19 PM

Please see Help/Show Console attached below. And below that is the memory usage from Activity Monitor.

Ronald Saizow
    [email blocked]

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 26 May, 2022 08:27 PM

Ok. Well this isn’t helping. Dropbox is reporting: ‘insufficient_space’. So, have you hit your Dropbox storage limit? Once you’ve resolved that, install Dropbox client, make sure it’s working and then switch to Dropbox folders.

6. 6 Posted by Ronald Saizow on 26 May, 2022 08:37 PM

I got rid of Dropbox long ago—deleted the app, so will be sure it’s deleted
    from activity monitor, if possible.

7. 7 Posted by Ronald Saizow on 26 May, 2022 08:39 PM

Just checked. Dropbox doesn’t seem to appear anywhere in activity monitor

8. 8 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 26 May, 2022 08:40 PM

So are you using Sync? They are definitely Dropbox sync errors.

If not then file/syncing disable sync.

9. 9 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 26 May, 2022 08:42 PM

(PS. Dropbox would not be in activity monitor as it’s not running. Your MD is using the internal Dropbox connection API).

10. 10 Posted by Ronald Saizow on 26 May, 2022 08:43 PM

I”ve never heard of “Sync.” Can you give more step-by-step instructions, as I don’t know what “file/syncing disable sync” means

Ronald Saizow
    [email blocked]

11. 11 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 26 May, 2022 08:45 PM

MD menu. File. Syncing. Change the sync option to don’t sync.

12. 12 Posted by Ronald Saizow on 26 May, 2022 08:55 PM

Thanks for the more specific instructions. I set it to “don’t sync” and it
    appears to be working now with delay. I’ll use it for a few days and let
    you know how it goes.
    Ron

13. 13 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 26 May, 2022 09:00 PM

👍

14. System closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2022 09:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac