Expenses graph - group by week tooltip date?

steve

30 May, 2022 05:52 PM

I'm using the expenses graph using the following settings
Date: This month
Group by: Group by week

I'm specifically looking at my groceries spend for this month (May 2022) and if I look at the bottom stacked graph and move my mouse pointer along the groceries part of the graph I can see the total weekly spend as I move along the month.

By using the income and expenses, detailed report I worked out that it's using the following dates for each of the weeks.

Table 1
Weekly spend1: 1-7 May
Weekly spend2 8-14 May
Weekly spend3: 15-21 May
Weekly spend4: 22-28 May
Weekly spend5: 29 May-4 June

So it looks like Money Dashboard uses Sunday as the first day of the week and the weekly spend is calcualted from Sunday-Saturday each week. So everything makes sense so far.

Now to my question; going back to when I was moving my mouse over the stacked graph on the expenses graph it shows the total weekly spend and it also shows a date. These are the dates next to each weekly spend amount.

Table 2
Weekly spend1: 25th April
Weekly spend2 2nd May
Weekly spend3: 9th May
Weekly spend4: 16th May
Weekly spend5: 23rd May

So what are these dates, obviously all Mondays but what is this date in relation to my monthly spend? If weeks run from Sundays why is it giving me a Monday? As it's a Monday it can't be a week ending/starting date as that be either a Sunday or Saturday.

Presumably the graph should show me the timeframe that the weekly spend is calculated for, e.g. Weekly spend1: 1-7 May, rather than 25th April?

My second question is if there's a way to change MoneyDance to use Monday as the first day of the week rather than Sunday, everything else I use is based around a Monday being the start of the week but I see no way to change this.

Thanks

1. System closed this discussion on 29 Aug, 2022 06:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac