Tab key not advancing to next field in transactions.

Jon Screen

01 Jun, 2022 02:13 PM

After upgrading to 2022.4 (4087) my tab key will not advance to the next field in transactions. After mouse clicking on the "New Transaction," the date field will populate correctly. When pressing the tab key, the active field will go to scroll bar, close program, minimize the window, maximize window, account selection, download, all, unconfirmed, uncleared, 30 days, this month, this year, custom, and again to "new transaction. "
I have to manually mouse click into the "check #" field, manually into the "description" field, etc, etc. The enter key does enter the transaction, fields complete or not.
How easy is it to downgrade to 2022.3?
MacOS 12.4

Thanks,
-Jon

1. 1 Posted by Jon Screen on 02 Jun, 2022 11:54 AM

I downgraded to the previous version, 2022.3 (4077). The problem still exists. I did recently upgrade the computer to macOS 12.4, so maybe that's the issue.....

2. 2 Posted by jeff_l on 02 Jun, 2022 12:44 PM

Just a suggestion..... Have you tried to see if the TAB key works in say Numbers, the free spreadsheet app on every Mac? At least then you will know if it is MD or MacOS that is the problem.

Presume, you have restarted MD & your MAC. If it still does not fix the issue report back here for further instructions.

fellow user

3. 3 Posted by Jon Screen on 02 Jun, 2022 10:29 PM

Yes, restarted both. The tab key does function in Numbers (and other programs). It will advance the active field through the various menus, but not through the individual cells in the spreadsheet. This seems normal. Perplexed.

-Jon

4. 4 Posted by Jon Screen on 03 Jun, 2022 07:25 PM

Another interesting observation. The space bar will not enter an actual space. For instance, when entering a new (non-memorized) payee, or multi-word memo. Also, the space bar doesn't work in an individual spreadsheet cell (Numbers as well as MS Excel). Works in MS Word, Pages, and obviously here. So maybe a Mac problem after all. ????

-Jon

5. 5 Posted by jeff_l on 03 Jun, 2022 08:36 PM

What you describe is not normal, you should be able to Tab the menus & Tab thru the cells of Excel. So your issue is probably outside the scope of this forum!

If it were happening to me, I would check in MacOS System Pref/Keyboard & restore any defaults & check the language set. If all OK I would select a different English Lang, delete the one you were using & then Add it back & reboot. But that's up to you!

fellow User

6. System closed this discussion on 02 Sep, 2022 08:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac