Moneydance wont load

Rex Porter

01 Jun, 2022 02:51 PM

This morning I purchased Moneydance 2022 through iTunes. It showed that it downloaded but when I click on the open nothing happens.I have a previous version installed. It also does not open now.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 01 Jun, 2022 03:13 PM

Hi Rex,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

You should be able to download the latest version again by signing into the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID used at the time of purchase and the new version will be available for you there.

Then you should follow the steps below:

You should be prompted to move the file from your Downloads folder to your Applications folder.

You may be prompted to replace the existing version of Moneydance.
    If not, you should manually remove any older versions of the program. Doing so will not interfere your your data files, as these files are stored separately within your system.

You should then navigate to your Applications folder, where you can remove any older versions of Moneydance that remain installed. Simply delete any older copies of the program. You might want to also check your Downloads folder, in case Moneydance has been accidentally installed here, and remove any older copies from this folder too.

It might be useful to re-name the newest version of Moneydance to Moneydance 2022.4 (4084), to be easier to find.
    (Changing the application name won't effect the program or its functionality).

You'll also need to reconfigure the Moneydance shortcut in your Dock.
    To do this 'right click' (or press Ctrl and click) on the Moneydance icon in your Dock and choose Options, then disable 'Keep in Dock'.
    Then open the newest version of Moneydance from within your Applications folder. Once running, 'right click' (or press Ctrl and click) on the Moneydance icon in your Dock and choose Options --> Keep in Dock.

Restart Moneydance!

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Rex Porter on 01 Jun, 2022 03:56 PM

Sorry I wasn’t monitoring my email. I've gotten used to those online conversations. Anyway I downloaded a new Moneydance through your site. No charge (I think). I deleted the old version then pulled the new one into the application folder. All seems to be back on line again. Thanks.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 02 Jun, 2022 04:02 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Note that you cannot source Moneydance from different places. If you purchase Moneydance from Apple the license is embedded and will not work with the directly sourced version.

4. 4 Posted by Rex Porter on 02 Jun, 2022 02:57 PM

Oh Oh. I have been charged by Apple iTunes. That is the version that didn’t download . The version I now have working is the one I downloaded from your site. It says I am on demo mode. Im going to need a license for it. The Moneydance program is worth double the money but I hate paying iTunes for something that didn’t work correctly.

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 02 Jun, 2022 10:23 PM

As I understand it there is a way of getting a refund from Apple through their web site.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Maddy on 03 Jun, 2022 08:25 AM

Apple requires that you go through the Mac App Store's refund process to receive money back from purchases made through that service. Unfortunately, we cannot authorize the refund for App Store purchases on our end; you will have to go through their process on their site at http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/contact/

Also, we would recommend purchasing Moneydance directly from our website. After purchasing, you will receive a license key via email within 24 hours. The new key will be valid with Moneydance 2022 (any build) and the next major release as outlined here.

Please keep us posted on your progress, Thank you!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

7. Maddy closed this discussion on 03 Jun, 2022 08:25 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac