Check Mark, Box or Diamond in the Cleared Field in Downloaded .csv Transaction Filter Report

Rhenzi Keys

02 Jun, 2022 07:31 PM

This might not be a Moneydance problem, but maybe an Excel problem. When I open a downloaded .csv from my Transaction Filter report in Excel 2013, the check mark, box or diamond appear as special characters within Excel 2013. For instance, the check mark appears as ✓ . When I look at the .csv file using a text editor, I can see the check marks, boxes and diamonds. I could have sworn this didn't happen before release 4077. I'm currently running 4087. I know that I can do a find / replace within Excel to correct this if I really need to use the Cleared field. I've tried changing fonts for the field without success. Is there an Excel setting that I might have missed?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 Jun, 2022 07:44 PM

In the latest MD, select the option to save with BOM. This will open in excel fine.

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 02 Jun, 2022 07:56 PM

MD 2022.4 (4087)
    Hmm. I'm seeing the same behavior as the OP with both options to Save as CSV as well as with Save as Tab delimited.

3. 3 Posted by Rhenzi Keys on 03 Jun, 2022 02:56 AM

I've verified that saving the Transaction Filter report with the CSV, Encoded for Excel selection works in 4087.

4. System closed this discussion on 02 Sep, 2022 03:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac