Advanced Search is not working on last Update

Douglas

02 Jun, 2022 11:38 PM

Hi There,
A search that I regularly do on Advanced Search is Reconciling Transactions AND Account from which I want to see them... After last update this AND search stopped working, so I cannot filter out the transactions from a particular account. Could this please be looked at and push a fix as soon as possible.
Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by crlinder on 14 Jun, 2022 08:20 PM

I also am having problems with Advanced Search when the "And" Combined Criteria option is chosen. In my case, I am using the Account, Date and Tags criteria. The search finds an entry with the specified criteria, but when I attempt to generate a report, I get a "There is nothing to report!" box. However, if I use only the Account and Date criteria, I find the same entry and can generate a report. The report that is generated has an entry that includes the Tag used in the original search that included that criterion.

Please repair Advanced Search ASAP, as I depend on this function to quickly find related sets of entries and to assess the total value of those entries. Thanks.

2. 2 Posted by crlinder on 19 Jun, 2022 09:05 PM

Has the problem yet been listed as a confirmed bug? Is there a timeline for fixing it?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 20 Jun, 2022 12:18 PM

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Unfortunately this is a known bug in Moneydance. There's an existing ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, so I've attached it to this discussion and the developers will be looking into it.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Jun, 2022 06:27 AM

FYI - I just happened to be using this too and the selection filter for Categories just doesn't do anything at all... I just peeked the code and the category logic is simply missing.... So this needs adding back in too.

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Jun, 2022 11:51 AM

Also, it doesn't appear to be showing the reconciling yellow diamond properly.. It seems to be showing the 'other side's' status...

6. 6 Posted by Beale Dabbs on 23 Jun, 2022 09:47 PM

I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to search by tag, last year, and an individual category. It's spitting out results for the tag but with all years and categories. Combined with tags, advanced search is the most important feature of this software for my use.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac