Moneydance+ error after signing up with bank

frank.bria

02 Jun, 2022 11:57 PM

We went through the process of connecting our banks through the Moneydance+ system and completed the Plaid processes. When we went back to Moneydance to refresh the list of accounts we got the following message:

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Moneydance+

The error code reported by the server was: 0

Received malformed response: Response{protocol=h2, code=401, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/item/get}
Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not parse error response

It appears that only Fidelity connected and the 5 accounts say "no name" so we have no idea which is which. The other banks didn't show up in the window (Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Capital One, and Barclaycard)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 06 Jun, 2022 12:40 PM

Hi Frank,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

When you see "no name" listed, you should disconnect it and restart Moneydance.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by public.banek+na... on 07 Aug, 2022 07:30 PM

There have been several reports of this in the forum, but this seems to be the most recent, so I will reply here rather than creating a duplicate issue. I have seen exactly the same behavior, and followed the advice Maddy has suggested in his reply above, but this has made the problem worse.

When I attempt to disconnect from the "no name" bank, it seems to process the request for a bit, and then fails to disconnect, leaving the no name in place, and from that point forward after every Moneydance+ download or account list refresh I get the "malformed response" error dialog for each "no name" account.

I say each, because I seem to get one of these every time a bank connection with Plaid expires and I am asked to re-enter/re-authorize access.

I'd really like to clean up these "no name" accounts, but there seems no way to do it in the GUI. Is there any other way to clean them up? Is there a problem with the bank connection expiration process that creates this problem in the first place (in my case the bank is Synchrony - Sam's Club).

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 07 Aug, 2022 07:38 PM

Are you on 2022.5(4090)?
    If not, pls install
    Then try the refresh button, then restart.
    Any good?

If not, post screenshot of the error and also your console log error.

4. 4 Posted by public.banek+na... on 07 Aug, 2022 07:43 PM

I am running 2022.4, and Moneydance tells me that is the latest. I checked moneydance.com and it also reports 2022.4 is the latest. How would I go about getting access to 2022.5?

Thanks

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 07 Aug, 2022 07:50 PM

6. 6 Posted by public.banek+na... on 07 Aug, 2022 09:18 PM

Downloaded 2022.5 (4090) from the preview page and tried refreshing. Got the same error. I then tried to disconnect the no name account from the Moneydance+ account list and the error repeated (as well as a second more generic error dialog). Screenshots attached.

7. 7 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 07 Aug, 2022 10:08 PM

And help/console too?

8. 8 Posted by public.banek+na... on 07 Aug, 2022 10:14 PM

Sorry, forgot about that. The console log error after attempting to disconnect no name account was:

Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=400, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/item/remove}
    Unable to parse response body: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not parse error response
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not parse error response
    at com.plaid.client.PlaidClient.parseError(PlaidClient.java:92)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.plaid.PlaidConnection.checkForSuccess(PlaidConnection.java:837)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.plaid.PlaidConnection.removeItem(PlaidConnection.java:615)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.ofxsetup.MDPlusAccountsPanel.lambda$disconnectItem$12(MDPlusAccountsPanel.java:247)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MDPlusController.asyncPoller(MDPlusController.java:180)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.io.EOFException: End of input at line 1 column 1 path $
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextNonWhitespace(JsonReader.java:1395)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.doPeek(JsonReader.java:548)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.peek(JsonReader.java:424)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:207)
    at retrofit2.converter.gson.GsonResponseBodyConverter.convert(GsonResponseBodyConverter.java:40)
    at retrofit2.converter.gson.GsonResponseBodyConverter.convert(GsonResponseBodyConverter.java:27)
    at com.plaid.client.PlaidClient.parseError(PlaidClient.java:90)
    ... 5 more

Moneydance then appears to automatically do a refresh which reports "Got accounts for item XXX" multiple times (for each of my synced banks) and when it comes across the two no name accounts it reports these errors (which correspond to the error dialogs showed):

Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=400, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='ITEM_NOT_FOUND', errorMessage='The Item you requested cannot be found. This Item does not exist, has been previously removed via /item/remove, or has had access removed by the user.', errorType='ITEM_ERROR', requestId='R3EEEWOr3dKdORA'}
    logging txn; file: tiksync/out/20220807220954_019.txn-tmp

Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=400, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    parsed error: ErrorResponse{displayMessage='null', errorCode='ITEM_NOT_FOUND', errorMessage='The Item you requested cannot be found. This Item does not exist, has been previously removed via /item/remove, or has had access removed by the user.', errorType='ITEM_ERROR', requestId='eBaTxFqsxppZXmu'}

9. 9 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 09 Aug, 2022 12:54 PM

I’ve written a new toolbox fix for this. Download preview (until developer fixes MD).

https://github.com/yogi1967/MoneydancePythonScripts/raw/master/tool...

Unzip. Double click toolbox.mxt to install

Backup first.
    Advanced mode
    Online banking menu
    Force delete md+ connection

Let me know how it goes? It would be interested in the output too. Thx.

Must be on 2022.5(4090).

10. 10 Posted by public.banek+na... on 09 Aug, 2022 11:17 PM

Thanks - your tool seems to have done it. I was afraid it might require a manual removal. Had now idea how involved that would be, and after using your tool, I'm glad I didn't try figuring it out on my own. Sure hope they get this fixed soon. I'm pretty sure I'll have to do this every time my Synchrony bank account authorization expires.

11. 11 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 10 Aug, 2022 05:38 AM

Toolbox 🧰 +1 😃

12. Maddy closed this discussion on 12 Aug, 2022 10:14 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac