Get Blank Database When Away From Home

james williams

04 Jun, 2022 08:49 PM

I use Moneydance at home with a laptop and desktop. It works great when I'm home - changes made on either computer appear on both. The problem is when I'm away from home. when I open Moneydance it looks like I'm starting from scratch, with no data available.

I would like to be able to use Moneydance when I'm away, starting from the last share version, then upon my return have both computers open with the old and new data.

This used to work, but I lost my laptop's hard drive and can't figure out how to configure the new laptop to work as stated. Again, it works fine as long as both computers are connected to my home network.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 05 Jun, 2022 12:04 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi James

What are your computer operating systems.
    Are both computers using the same version/build of Moneydance e.g. 2022.4(4087)
    It sounds like you may not be using Moneydance’s internal sync engine? You may even be locating your data set on a shared drive, a real recipe for disaster.
    I suggest you use a Free Dropbox account with Moneydance’s internal sync engine using the sync method Dropbox Folder as outlined at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/sync...

Hopes this helps.

2. System closed this discussion on 04 Sep, 2022 12:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac