How to restore *everything* to an exact previous state

hlslaughter

04 Jun, 2022 09:07 PM

I deleted all of my investment accounts from Moneydance because I could not sync with my bank's new two factor auth.

I then realized many of my accounts were out of balance by huge amounts because of the transactions I deleted.

I was able to get the bank to disable 2fa and wanted to restore everything from my previous backup (before I deleted any accounts).

Using "Restore from backup", I selected my most recent backup and imported it.

When this was completed, all of my investment accounts appeared to be restored, but within moments, they disappeared, slowly, one by one from Moneydance without any prompting from me.

In the good old days, the MoneyDance file was a single file that was self-contained. Opening it would put things in the exact state they were when the backup was made. Now it appears it is much more complicated than that. Why would my backup file recreate the account deletions?

So the question is how do I restore in such a way that I am precisely where I was a week ago, as though I'd just gone back in time :)

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 04 Jun, 2022 09:32 PM

Do the restore again... At the popup window that appears UNTICK the box that says retain Sync settings......

2. 2 Posted by hlslaughter on 07 Jun, 2022 03:05 PM

Thank you so much. That seems to have done it!

Much appreciated.

3. Maddy closed this discussion on 07 Jun, 2022 03:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac