Auto Reminder Entry

Glenn

25 Jun, 2022 01:07 AM

Hello;
I am finding that Moneydance regularly 'forgets' to record automatic reminders, even when set to auto-log the day prior. Can you advise if this is a regular problem and is there a fix?;
Thank you;
Gelnn

1. 1 Posted by jeff_l on 25 Jun, 2022 04:32 AM

Got to PREFERENCES -> NETWORK & make sure there is a tick in "Auto-commit Reminders"

fellow user

2. 2 Posted by Glenn Nattrass on 25 Jun, 2022 04:48 AM

Have done so with all entries. Some will auto comit others don't for some reason. Also, doesn't seem to make any difference if I auto-comit a day previous to the required date. Frustrating!

3. 3 Posted by jeff_l on 25 Jun, 2022 09:06 AM

My suggestion above is a MD universal setting, this has to be switched on in addition to the auto-commit on individual reminders.

4. 4 Posted by tgilbert666 on 25 Jun, 2022 09:09 AM

Are you leaving MD open permanently? I believe there is some "on open" code relating to posting of Aut-commit reminders and always shutdown MD when I am finished with it for the day. Never had an auto-commit fail except on the few occasions I've left MD active overnight. - a fellow user (and of course my input may be outdated - I'm still on 2021.2)

5. 5 Posted by grnattrass on 25 Jun, 2022 10:51 PM

Thanks Jeff. Can you ellaborate on the MD universal setting. I'm not familiar with it. I do leave MD open all the time. I assumed this wpuld better facilitate auto commit.
    --
    Sent from Universal Email App for Android Saturday, 25 June 2022, 07:06pm +10:00 from jeff_l [email blocked] :

6. 6 Posted by grnattrass on 25 Jun, 2022 10:52 PM

Thanks for the help tg. Will try that approach.
    --
    Sent from Universal Email App for Android Saturday, 25 June 2022, 07:09pm +10:00 from tgilbert666 [email blocked] :

7. 7 Posted by dwg on 25 Jun, 2022 11:38 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The preference setting on the network tab is intended for use when you are syncing Moneydance between systems.

Moneydance is not intended to be a 24/7 application hence it does not do routine polling to determine things like day changes so it can go around and do things like reminder posting when a day change has occurred.

The sort of things is does on a time basis is on a elapsed time basis, so activities like regular data saves, checking to see if there are any updates from syncing operations.

8. 8 Posted by Glenn Nattrass on 26 Jun, 2022 02:00 AM

Thank you very much for your advice. Most grateful.

Kind Regards;
    Glenn

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac