Credit card txns downloaded repeatedly

Bill

25 Jun, 2022 07:05 PM

MD version 2017.10. MacOS 12.4

Downloading automatically (Cmd-D), I'm getting the same two txns repeatedly, as if the bank or MD doesn't recognize that they've already been downloaded. These txns are unusual in that I entered the originals manually into the MD register. Both are extra credit card payments I made in the middle of a cycle.

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 25 Jun, 2022 07:35 PM

just a user

Do you merge the transactions and confirm them? And do they continue to download after that?

Or do you delete the "duplicate" downloads and then download again and get them downloaded again?

What is supposed to happen is that the downloaded transaction has a hidden code that tells MD not to get it again, and even if they do get it, they ignore it. You can look for the id by right clicking and picking Transaction details - it is called FITID

2. 2 Posted by William Couring... on 25 Jun, 2022 07:56 PM

Thanks for your quick response … and on a weekend.

I have not been merging (don’t know what that does).

So far as I remember, this is what happened.

I manually entered a payment transaction.
    I did an cmd-d download and got a duplicate of the payment txn.
    I deleted the duplicate.
    I did (a day or two later) another cmd-d, and got three duplicates.

The original (manually entered) txn has no FITID.

The duplicates have the identical FITID:
    <FITID>3835221730007
    <FITID>3835221730007
    <FITID>3835221730007

By “duplicate”, I mean they are for the same amount, same date, same Description (ONLINE PAYMENT, THANK YOU).

Bill

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 25 Jun, 2022 08:03 PM

just a user

So, the reason you are getting duplicates is that you keep deleting the transaction containing the FITID number, thus it gets downloaded again.

Merging allows you to take the original transaction and combine it with the download - this will place the FITID into the manually entered txn. (Merging works for banks/credit cards, not for investment accounts)

If you can't merge, keep the downloaded transaction and delete the original (with no FITID). You may want to put the memo from the original into the downloaded one to keep the information you want to preserve.

If available, a merge option should appear if you click on the downloaded transaction (which should have a blue dot within it).

4. 4 Posted by William Couring... on 25 Jun, 2022 08:11 PM

Thanks for explaining. I merged, downloaded zero transactions (correct behavior).

Bill

5. 5 Posted by Bill on 25 Jun, 2022 08:12 PM

Tremendous Support service, thank you!

6. 6 Posted by dtd on 25 Jun, 2022 08:13 PM

well, i'm just a user, not MD/IK support, but we do have a lot of users who enjoy helping out.

7. 7 Posted by William Couring... on 25 Jun, 2022 08:14 PM

Well, then, personal thanks.

Bill

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Ethan on 25 Jun, 2022 10:27 PM

I'm glad to hear it sounds like things have been sorted out before support staff could respond. In case you still have questions, more details on the confirmation process with screenshots can be found at http://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/co...

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac