Bug Report: inconsistent Tag Filtering Behaviors

dm_corsa

30 Jun, 2022 07:26 AM

I have a Loans Receivable account setup where I track any loans I may have made to others. This is in Philippine Pesos (PHP).

The transactions are all coded against the Philippines Loans Receivable account and there is one transaction that is not split between accounts, all the payments against the loan are the result of a split being entered on the transaction to record the payment from the total amount of the split. All TAGS are present on all transactions, I have gone crazy making sure of that but I may have missed something.

When I look at the Receivables account using the Transactions report option, with no filter other than selecting that one specific account and the current year date range, I see everything I expect to see (file LOANSAll.png).

Using the Transactions report option using the same options but then adding a Filter on the TAG I want, I only see part of the transactions I expect to see, the original loan made in March, and no payments (file LOANSDD.png). There should be two payment transactions shown, one for May and also for June, and yes, I have checked the date range options selected.

If run the Transactions Filter report option selecting to filter on the same TAG for the Loans Receivable account, I get is the original Loan Amount and only the May Payment, not the June (file LOANSDDTranFilter.PNG).

I've included screenshots of the two monthly transactions, one for 5/7/2022 and one for 6/30/2022 showing the splits as there were entered.

Also note that on the Transaction Filter report, the currency total of the transactions is converted to USD, my home currency, but the other reports retain the original currency which is as it should be for the account.

Any help would be appreciated, I've classified this as a bug.

1. 1 Posted by troy.tudor on 22 Jul, 2022 05:53 PM

Hi
    I’m seeing something similar. I have a transaction filter report that works well until I apply a tag filter. As soon as the tag filter is applied, all split transactions with that tag are incorrectly removed from report leaving only transactions without splits.

I’ve had this report for years, broke recently with the 4078 version

Thanks

2. System closed this discussion on 21 Oct, 2022 06:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac