Investment Accounts.

Chris

06 Jul, 2022 08:12 PM

When I first open an Investment Account in Portfolio View the Investments, Number Shares and Value are as I would expect. After a short period of time the number of shares and value held in individual Companies or Trust Funds starts to decrease. Left long enough all Investments held within the account disappear. Returning to the main summary page and then selecting the Investment account again and reopening in Portfolio View brings up the expected figures but then the instability returns.

Attached a screenshot of one Investment account, I hold five different investments in this account, all have disappeared. The account is reporting correctly on the summary page.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 06 Jul, 2022 08:17 PM

That’s a new / novel one. What version of MD? When this happens please go to help/console window, save the output. Upload it here.

2. 2 Posted by Chris Stewart on 07 Jul, 2022 09:23 AM

Hi Stuart

I am running Version 2022.4 Build 4087. I am running Windows 10 which I keep up to date.

If it helps in Portfolio View the pie graph reports correctly even though the summary table is blank. The Register is fine. If I select Securities Detail the summary, top right reports, no shares and no value, The graph and history table look correct.

Attached a console file.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Best Wishes: Chris

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 07 Jul, 2022 10:54 AM

Can you follow steps 7 and 11 here:
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/general-questions/12...

Then restart MD. Try again. Then send new console.

4. 4 Posted by Chris Stewart on 07 Jul, 2022 06:34 PM

Hi Stuart

Sorry for the delay, I have been out and about today. Attached the various screen shots \ files requested.

I am afraid the problem still exists, whilst I was running the final console I had one investment account open in Portfolio View, in the time it took to run the console the data started to degrade.

Telephone 01273 556767 Mobile 07717 192 005

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 07 Jul, 2022 09:43 PM

Can you delete all the txn.err and txn-tmp files in the out dir?

If they are still there then this might cause the issue. Delete then restart. Does it still occur, if so, send new console.

6. 6 Posted by Chris Stewart on 08 Jul, 2022 09:17 AM

Hi Stuart

Yes I am afraid it does still occur, file attached.

Not sure if this helps but I have observed the following

1. Open Moneydance and select an investment account in Portfolio View, page loads normally.
      2. I do nothing and the "Finished Sync" message appears in bottom left-hand corner of screen, Portfolio View Remains normal.
      3. I do nothing and the "Finished Sync" message appears again and Portfolio View page refreshes. It is at this point the data starts to degrade, sometimes but not always. Whilst I was typing this line the page has refreshed and two of my investments have disappeared from the table.

7. 7 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 08 Jul, 2022 09:36 AM

You need to find and delete these txn files causing problems

Error reading synced transactions from file 23f316d7-f3ef-4e8e-9dab-ee09c7f54108.txn: java.lang.Exception: Unsupported action:0.id%3Dc6101d65-6aba-4b79-885d-6099e049b3a6%260.acct%3D8615121%261.pamt%3D9.99%26dt%3D20220527%260.desc%3DIrene Stewart%260.pamt%3D50.00%260.samt%3D-50.00%261.desc%3DIrene Stewart %26id%3D97ea1757-0a23-448e-a0a4-d1bb43cd7d31%26acct%3D2%26desc%3DIrene Stewart%26ts%3D1653667373212: from file 23f316d7-f3ef-4e8e-9dab-ee09c7f54108.txn

Eg
    ‘ 23f316d7-f3ef-4e8e-9dab-ee09c7f54108.txn’

Find and delete all these files with an error in console. Then restart. Try again and send new console.

8. 8 Posted by Chris Stewart on 08 Jul, 2022 10:08 AM

Hi Stuart

Done I think console file attached

9. 9 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 08 Jul, 2022 10:36 AM

Cool. So no errors. Now does the problem still occur? Keep console open whilst md is running. If error then post new console straight after.

10. 10 Posted by Chris Stewart on 08 Jul, 2022 10:44 AM

Hi Stuart

Will do, all seems stable so will see how we go.

Can I say I have been a Moneydance user for a number of years now and on the two occasions I have had a problem I have been very impressed with the technical support provided. I seem to recall the other occasion the cause was found to be a corrupted file in Drobox.

11. 11 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 08 Jul, 2022 11:32 AM

👍 great. FYI - I’m not MD support, just a fellow user and creator of Toolbox.

Your issues today give me more things to add to toolbox to fix. 😉

Toolbox 🧰 +1 😃

12. 12 Posted by Chris Stewart on 08 Jul, 2022 12:49 PM

Hi Stuart

Well good luck with the updates. Monydance does seem to attract a loyal band of supporters \ developers which is great.

I must school myself to make more use of the Console Output \ Toolbox if I encounter problems in the future. I am not in IT in any shape or form, but I know enough to take backups before starting to play []

You are obviously close to the Moneydance team so can I leave you with a thought. Would it be possible for the Foresight Forecast and Review to make projections based on historic spends? Whilst I set up my scheduled payments much of my spending is random. For example, say I (my wife [] ) spends on average £200, a month on groceries that spend can occur on any day and might be two shops in the month or several smaller shops. I guess I am suggesting something like daily averaging used in “Budget Bars” \ Budget Report. I use these for Groceries, Petrol and Cash Withdrawals from ATM.’s. In the past by monitoring cash withdrawals, I could see how my miscellaneous spend was going but with the move a cashless payment it is not so obvious as the spend is recorded across many Categories

Thanks again for your help.

13. 13 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 08 Jul, 2022 12:52 PM

I think you should make a new post in the suggestions section for the foresight stuff. Then maybe Kevin S or the IK team will respond.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Capture_2.JPG 18.1 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac