Acct Summary

Bob

16 Jul, 2022 11:00 PM

MD no longer shows account Summary when it opens nor an I enter expenses and deposits. Hound I recover start page?I The Acct Summary does not show, nor can i get it by Sumary on the left corner.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 16 Jul, 2022 11:15 PM

I'm a fellow user.

This is a forum system not instant chat, so responses are email like in terms of speed, there are not people just sitting and waiting for posts.

If you are getting the Welcome to Moneydance screen, it usually means one of two things.

1. Something has happened to your configuration file and Moneydance no longer knows what file you had opened

2. Your data file (data set) has been moved and Moneydance no longer knows where to find it

The data set may be listed on the right hand side of the Welcome Screen in which case you can open it or you may need to search your computer for folders with the extension .moneydance or .moneydance archive for backups.

If you are not getting the Welcome screen you need to explain what you do see or post a screenshot.

2. 2 Posted by jeff_l on 17 Jul, 2022 06:36 AM

Have you also checked drop down Menu Item View>Show Side Bar.
    Confusingly, this toggles the Summary screen on/off

fellow user

3. 3 Posted by Bob Steinmark on 17 Jul, 2022 04:08 PM

On Jul 17, 2022, at 2:37 AM, jeff_l <[email blocked]> wrote:
    Have recovered a Summary page but the info on it is years old. Also has an additional window open and super imposed on the right side. 

// Please reply above this line 
    ================================================== 

Have you also checked drop down Menu Item View>Show Side Bar.
    Confusingly, this toggles the Summary screen on/off

fellow user

On Sat, Jul 16 at 04:15 PM PDT, dwg wrote:

I'm a fellow user.

This is a forum system not instant chat, so responses are email like in terms of speed, there are not people just sitting and waiting for posts.

If you are getting the Welcome to Moneydance screen, it usually means one of two things.

1. Something has happened to your configuration file and Moneydance no longer knows what file you had opened

2. Your data file (data set) has been moved and Moneydance no longer knows where to find it

The data set may be listed on the right hand side of the Welcome Screen in which case you can open it or you may need to search your computer for folders with the extension .moneydance or .moneydance archive for backups.

If you are not getting the Welcome screen you need to explain what you do see or post a screenshot.

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Acct Summary.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

4. System closed this discussion on 16 Oct, 2022 04:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac