Bug Report - Merging / Importing / Downloading Combination

hannasm

20 Jul, 2022 04:06 AM

I experienced a small issue today i thought i would try and document, it was easily fixable but might be worth a fix from a developer at some point:

Step 1) Download a transaction to the 'primary side' account through OFX which seems to get automatically assigned to the appropriate 'other side' account category.
Step 2) Import the same transaction from web connect (.qfx file extension) download for the 'other side account'. (These two transactions end up being automatically merged before confirmation happens, with options to 'confirm' or 'use transaction as downloaded instead').
Step 3) Now record a scheduled transaction that matches this transaction, and associates the same 'sides'.
Step 4) Go to the 'primary side' account and 'merge' the downloaded transaction to the scheduled transaction.

Outcome: The downloaded transaction on the 'other side' has disappeared. The scheduled transaction is not in the confirmed state but the downloaded transaction that was pending confirmation is nowhere to be seen.

Expected Outcome: The downloaded transaction should still exist on the 'other side' and should be available to 'merge'.

Workaround: Importing the downloaded transaction data (.qfx file extension) again makes the transaction appear and allows a proper merge to take place.

1. System closed this discussion on 19 Oct, 2022 04:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac