Moneydance+ re-link to an account didn't work

Scott

20 Jul, 2022 09:53 PM

I needed to re-link to my checking account today. I followed the procedure and Plaid claims that the re-link was successful. However, my checking account still shows a status of "Expired; Please Re-link". The status does not change even when I click the button "Refresh" in the "Set Up Moneydance+" window. I have relinked 4-5 times now, but my account still claims that it needs to be re-linked. I am open to ideas. Let me know what to try. If it helps, I am using the latest version of Moneydance on Windows 10. Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Scott on 20 Jul, 2022 09:58 PM

Update: This is weird. I am able download transactions in the account in question, so it must have re-linked successfully. However, the account still shows a status of "Expired; Please Re-link" in the "Set Up Moneydance+" window.

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Jul, 2022 05:39 AM

Backup first. Install/run latest toolbox extension. Enable advanced mode. Click online banking tools. Option. Force md+ name cache rebuild. Wait a min. Restart md.

3. 3 Posted by markles on 21 Jul, 2022 12:59 PM

This process didn't seem to change or remove anything. I still have "no name … Expired; please Re-link"

4. 4 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Jul, 2022 01:57 PM

Then it couldn’t have run. What did it ask you? Did it ask you to type ‘IAGREE’? Did it say it worked? Try it again and after it runs then find menu/help/console, save contents to file and post that here.

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Jul, 2022 02:22 PM

The exact option is. called "Force MD+ name cache & access tokens rebuild". You might have to restart MD, wait, then Online, MD+ setup, then refresh...

6. 6 Posted by markles on 21 Jul, 2022 03:46 PM

Yes, I did the run as directed. Allowed Advanced Mode. Backed up. in MENU: Online Banking (OFX) Tools, selected "Force MD+ name cache & access tokens rebuild (USE WITH CARE)" Clicked Proceed. When asked "Wipe MD+ name cache and access tokens (to force a rebuild)?" clicked "Yes." Did backup. Typed IAGREE into disclaimer. Informed that "MD+ name cache & access tokens have been wiped..! MONEYDANCE WILL NOW RESTART" Moneydance appeared to restart although the Toolbox remained open.

Upon restarting, Moneydance told me that access had expired with the option to re-link.

7. 7 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Jul, 2022 04:44 PM

Hmm. Toolbox should close. Can you do it again and this time send the output of help/console afterwards. Thx.

8. System closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2022 04:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac