Moneydance+ on Linux doesn't Connect Accounts browser window until after Moneydance exits

Greg M

23 Jul, 2022 11:40 PM

I have Moneydance installed on both a Windows and Linux computer (version 2022.4 on both) and use a synchronized data file. I just signed up for Moneydance+. When I click on the "Connect Accounts" button in Moneydance+, the Windows computer immediately opens a browser window to start the account connection sequence. But when I try the same thing on Linux, nothing appears to happen. Once I exit Moneydance, however, my web browser opens a browser window that matches what I saw on Windows immediately.

My computers are running Windows 11 and Fedora 36. Both systems are using the latest version of Firefox (v102.0).

Am I correct in assuming that connecting the accounts after Moneydance has closed does not present a problem? If so, then it doesn't technically matter which OS I use to connect my financial institutions, but it does seem more useful to not have to exit Moneydance before I can conect accounts, or to have to restart Moneydance before I can download data.

If someone could figure out what causes the difference in behavior and make them both function without first exiting Moneydance, that would be appreciated.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 24 Jul, 2022 08:53 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi
    I am running 2022.4(4087) on Windows 11 and Linux Feren.
    I use Moneydance’s internal sync engine FILES – SYNCING using the sync method DROPBOX FOLDER with a free Dropbox Account.
    If I use ONLINE – SET UP MONEYDANCE+ to connect to a bank account the result is synced to the other computer. If it’s the Linux Feren computer I set up a new Moneydance+ connection on the it uses the default browser which happens to be Vivaldi and Moneydance does not close as part of the process. It works the same as it does on my Windows 11 computer.

2. System closed this discussion on 23 Oct, 2022 09:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac