Moneydance+ Downloads about one week behind

Steve

13 Aug, 2022 04:36 PM

Hello,
I really like Moneydance+. It has been a big timesaver. Recently I have noticed that while downloads are still working, they don't get transactions that are less than about a week old. I'm seeing this for multiple credit cards.

For my primary card, the last downloaded transaction is from 8/3/2022 (today is 8/13/2022). But I can see from my credit card's webpage, there are 10 posted transactions between 8/4/22 and 8/11/22.

Is this expected?

1. 1 Posted by sth on 13 Aug, 2022 10:21 PM

Some times (ie mostly) transactions are listed as pending for a long time and then finally listed as completed. Thus there can be several transactions on the web page that are not passed to Plaid as completed transactions. I have seen this with almost all credit cards.
    (NOT IK Support)

2. 2 Posted by dtd on 13 Aug, 2022 11:51 PM

just a user

Plaid and MD+ are helpful, but they are not OFX. Given sth's statement, and my observations on those accounts I had to move to MD+ ( I use OFX if it works), there can be delays - I tend to find 3-4 days, but it can be longer. Still, ultimately, for me, they finally get affirmed.

As an example, I got 8/8 transactions confirmed today with MD+ on most of my accounts. (And with OFX - 8/11 - any others are still pending or not posted yet)

3. 3 Posted by TonyRI on 05 Oct, 2022 12:24 AM

I wish that I had seen this discussion earlier.

I had spent quite a bit of time trying to reset several accounts in MD+; all of which had successfully connected and downloaded initial transactions, however they didn't update once new transactions posted on their respective websites on the days following.

I finally have things sorted out and realize that the Plaid service doesn't work like Direct Connect. I thought that it would be real-time information, as the service has my login credentials. I think that it would be useful for others to know that there may be a delay in downloading transactions using MD+, so they don't spend time thinking that there is a connection issue, like I did.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 05 Oct, 2022 09:41 PM

As far as I am aware no aggregator works real time, they download and store transactions ready for you to later download them from the aggregator. The frequency of their downloads can and do vary, they might routinely do nightly downloads for example or it could be less frequently. I expect they schedule downloads and if some error they do not retry then and there but wait until the next scheduled time.

I'm not expecting that they would size their systems for on demand end to end downloads and they could even work with the institutions to download data during their "quiet" periods.

5. 5 Posted by TonyRI on 05 Oct, 2022 11:04 PM

Thanks for that information dwg. It makes sense now, but since it was a new setup, I thought that I had done something wrong. I appreciate your taking the time to explain the process.

6. Maddy closed this discussion on 06 Oct, 2022 10:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac