Update

Leigh

14 Aug, 2022 01:41 AM

I just updated and it's not right and I can't find my account

1. 1 Posted by Leigh on 14 Aug, 2022 01:55 AM

Moneydance lists 2 accounts, Saving and Checking neither of which hold my data. In the past I would just put something in the search bar and it would magically pull up my account but that's not working. The whole page looks different, I can't read the sidebar, t's just not right.

2. 2 Posted by mhoggie on 14 Aug, 2022 02:10 AM

just a user,

Sounds like you are not opening your original database. Savings and Checking are default accounts when you set up a new database. Try file, open and look for the name of your old database

3. 3 Posted by Leigh on 14 Aug, 2022 12:00 PM

Thanks for trying to help. I've been to file open and it lists 3 things Savings, checking and then Business Finance 20130101 which is where I think my stuff is but when I open it nothing is there. I'm stumped

4. 4 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 14 Aug, 2022 12:09 PM

Toolbox extension. Search for datasets. Search from root….

5. 5 Posted by Leigh on 14 Aug, 2022 12:19 PM

Thanks but I have no clue how to do that task.

6. 6 Posted by Leigh on 14 Aug, 2022 05:38 PM

When I click "Summary", nothing shows up.

7. 7 Posted by mhoggie on 14 Aug, 2022 09:44 PM

just a user,

Does the name of your database shown in the top left corner the same as you remembered before you upgraded. That name would not have changed because of an upgrade.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Maddy on 15 Aug, 2022 10:59 AM

Hi Leigh,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

To find your previous data file, you can open Moneydance and click on File > Open and you will see a list of all recently opened data files.

If you cannot find your data file there, then click on Help > Show Document Folder, this will open your default data file location, where all of the data files are located.

Another option is to click on Help > Show Archive Folder, this will open the default backup file location and you can choose to restore a backup.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac