on 20 Aug, 2022 02:54 PM
Yes, Stuart, that did help, thank you.
I am running Windows 11 home 64 bit.
It took a bit of detective work to find that dang file because it wasn't in the user folder named for the user I was logging in with (apparently because I had changed the root administrator login a while back) and then Windows 11 home didn't want to open it until I changed its properties to open with Notepad. Sheesh, it's all the little crap that drives you crazy, right?
But once I found it I just hashtagged the two lines, saved it, restarted, and ran the upgraded to Moneydance. Probably wasn't worth the trouble but now I feel better. :-)
So to recap:
1) search for the file name .accessibility.properties in the C:\Users folder (and do include that first period in the file name)
2) open it with Notepad or any other text editor. If you can't, then go to the properties of the file itself and where it says Opens With change that to a text editor application.
3) open the file with the text editor you chose
4) put the hashtag symbol in front of the lines as shown above with no spaces
5) save the file with the changes, do not change the name or location
6) restart the computer to reload Java
Thanks to Stuart and everyone else who posted about this error.