Auto-commit

s22qm6677jo2

10 Sep, 2022 10:54 PM

I have not been able to get auto-commit to work since at least MD 2022. It used to work fine, but at some point it simply stopped.

Yes, in Preferences/General I have checked Auto-create New Transactions; in Preferences/Network I have checked Auto-commit Reminders (applies to current file on this computer).

And yes, the Reminders have Auto-commit x days before scheduled (often 2, sometimes 1). And yes, there’s only one computer, which syncs with the iPhone app.

And yes, I have quit and re-launched Moneydance with no joy.

And yes, I also tried re-creating the Reminders with future starting dates. They simply do not do it.

Clearly, I am not the only one experiencing problems with auto-commit, judging by the number of hits on "auto-commit". But I also notice the discussions are summarily closed, without any apparent ah-ha moments or resolutions. Am I missing something?

1. 1 Posted by jeff_l on 11 Sep, 2022 05:55 AM

You didn’t mention if your reminders show up in the Calendar or not, you should be able to look months ahead & see the entries as future events. Does Foresight Forecast just show a flat line indicating no future transactions whatsoever.

Fellow user

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 11 Sep, 2022 07:04 AM

… and PNC Ckg is the account you want these in?

Open help/console. Keep open.

Create a new reminder.

Go back to console. Upload contents here.

One thing to check. Install/run toolbox extension. Does it tell you that you are running a secondary dataset? If so, try promoting to a master/primary.

3. 3 Posted by s22qm6677jo2 on 11 Sep, 2022 02:55 PM

Yes, they do show up in the Calendar.

4. 4 Posted by s22qm6677jo2 on 11 Sep, 2022 03:05 PM

| One thing to check. Install/run toolbox extension.
    | Does it tell you that you are running a secondary dataset?
    | If so, try promoting to a master/primary.

Yes, that was the case, thanks. I'll know on Wednesday whether that fixed it. Thanks again!

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 11 Sep, 2022 03:07 PM

👍 Toolbox 🧰 +1 😃
    (Secondary datasets don’t autocommit, I think….) My guess is you’ve previously restored a dataset, perhaps from a sync copy…..

6. 6 Posted by s22qm6677jo2 on 11 Sep, 2022 04:08 PM

You're exactly correct: I did move the database to another computer, and I recall being puzzled about which option to use. I'd like to move the primary back to the original machine and keep the current primary as a sync copy. Can you point me to instructions to accomplish that? Thanks again!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Edit_Transaction_Reminder.jpg 185 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac