Performance Issues

pappas

13 Sep, 2022 05:02 PM

For the last several weeks I have had issues with moneydance running slowly. Every move I make causes the spinning color wheel to appear. After a second or two it catches up to me. I am using an M1 Mac Studio with plenty of ram and ssd storage. I am using the latest version of all OS software and MD 2022.5build 4091.Are you M! native yet? I this a Rosetta issue? I have attach the Console log file for you to review.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 14 Sep, 2022 04:33 AM

Lots of quote loader activity. Have you tried running without QL installed to eliminate that? Then try with sync turned off and again eliminate that too?

No obvious errors.

2. 2 Posted by pappas on 14 Sep, 2022 06:19 AM

After implementing your suggestions I have determined that Syncing with iCloud seems to be causing the performance problem. I no longer use Dropbox and rely on iCloud to sync my iOS devices. Is there anything that can be done to fix this syncing problem?
    I have over 300 securities that need daily updating. Which extension is best to use here? I have had issues getting Quotes and Exchange Rates working reliably, especially with Alphavantage. Quote Loader works better for me.

Peter Pappas
    1910 Botree Court
    Port Orange, Florida 32128

(386) 295-1819
    [email blocked]

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 14 Sep, 2022 06:31 AM

I think QL is great and the best to use.

As for iCloud sync. My own testing indicated it caches writes locally first, so I’m surprised that it’s slowing you down (as Dropbox Connection will do). What happens if you have iCloud sync on with wifi turned off. Do you get the same performance issue?

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 14 Sep, 2022 07:03 AM

I'm a fellow user.

FWIW AlphaVantage was initially OK to use as a source and finding usable sources at the time was difficult. The source has become more and more restrictive in what it allows and is now more often than not worthless to many.

In Q & ER, Yahoo is generally to source to use for price quotes and ECB is good for exchange rates.

In QL use Yahoo or FT depending on which has the price you are after.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Moneydance__Log 254 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac