Undo Merge

Jamali

14 Sep, 2022 12:17 PM

I see requests from 10 years ago to add this feature. Has it been added or am I missing something?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 14 Sep, 2022 12:22 PM

Hi Jamali,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

While you cannot "undo" the Merge option, you can significantly limit them. To achieve this you should select Moneydance --> Preferences --> Network and set the option "Only match downloaded transactions when they are at most 'N' days apart". Change the N to 0.
    This should help limit any incorrect merges in future.

Alternatively, the easiest solution to correct a confirmation error would be to create a transaction to replace the one which has been 'merged' and therefore is missing from the register. You may have use your bank statement for the transaction information. Also, amending the settings as I mentioned earlier will help reduce any incorrect merges happening in the future.
    If you have a backup of your data from before the 'merge', you can restore and then go through the merging process again.
    Finally, you could try to delete all newly downloaded transactions and download them again from your bank.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac