Graphical problems - solved?

taser8

24 Nov, 2022 04:44 PM

I had an issue that I think a few other folks were experiencing, where Moneydance would start glitching out graphically - someone described it as being like an old Windows card game on victory.

I was getting to the point where I was about to switch away from Moneydance, but I figured I'd take one last stab at figuring the problem out.

I noticed that MD worked fine in safe mode and with a clean boot, so I went through the process of disabling all the non-MS services and one by one re-enabling them, rebooting, and seeing if I could isolate the problem.

At the end of it I identified a service called "nahimic" - apparently an audio service, bundled with Asus products. Disabling that resolved the issue, and MD appears to be working normally again. Yay!

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 24 Nov, 2022 05:06 PM

👍 This also corrupts Sweet Home 3D on Mac which is Java based (like Moneydance), so it must affect Java. Well done finding the issue....

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac