Using 'Enter' to confirm action

tonyt

01 Dec, 2022 10:05 AM

Hi

I am on latest MD preview and Monterey latest.

When I make a manual backup and the save window opens with the save location, 'Save' is highlighted and when I hit 'Enter' it saves, as does a new transaction in the register when I hit 'Enter'.

When I have some overdue items to record, when I select an item from the list the 'Reminder Notification' window opens and 'Record Transaction' is highlighted. Hitting 'Enter' does not record the transaction. I have to mouse down and click on 'Record Transaction'!

Why is there a difference in behaviours? Can any one suggest?

Cheers...

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 01 Dec, 2022 10:31 AM

While Record Transaction is highlighted I do not think it has been set as the selected action. I expect Enter to only work once a button has been "selected".

2. 2 Posted by tonyt on 01 Dec, 2022 04:32 PM

But i don't select anything when entering a new transaction or when saving a manual backup, i just hit enter. I may be dim, but if 'record transaction' is highlighted, isn't it selected? Otherwise, why is it highlighted in the first place?
    Cheers…

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 01 Dec, 2022 08:43 PM

It all depends on the code that drives that window.

4. 4 Posted by tonyt on 02 Dec, 2022 06:45 AM

It is a shame that the code driving all windows is not uniform and highlighted buttons are not executable by enter in ALL windows, would seem good programming. Maddy or Ethan, if you see this could we make it a request please???
    Cheers…
    And thanks…

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 07 Dec, 2022 01:30 PM

Thanks for the suggestion for improving Moneydance!

I've filed a ticket in our ticketing system with your suggestion.
    By posting in this discussion your interest in the ticket has been registered. This is equivalent to voting for it. We will post on this thread when there are further developments on this topic.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac