Balances don't match

Simon Lock

07 Dec, 2022 10:08 PM

Several years ago I set up a debit card from Mutual Fund company as an investment account. I was able to update online it until about December 2021. At that time I think all the balances were correct. Then it stopped updating.

I just added this account to the Moneydance+ app downloaded the transaction since December 2021 but then accidentally deleted them when trying to figure out if a debit card should really be held as an Investment Account.

Obviously, I can't redownload so entered the 2022 transactions manually but now here is the strange thing. When I show the account as a Bank register the final line of the register shows a balance of $717.65. Below that it shows "Balance: $506.32" and then in the left-hand column, where all the different accounts are listed, it shows for this account a balance of $-88.30.

NONE of these amounts is correct as my online account shows a balance of $281.17. And based on my mental tracking of my various withdrawals during 2022 this is about what I expected.

Are you able to advise me on the best way to do a one-time correction so that all the numbers match and are completely correct?

Thank you for any guidance you are able to provide.

Best regards

Simon

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac